Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 21st, 2003, 11:16 AM   #1
DenVogel

Express Up Passenger Window Revisited

I'm still searching for the elusive express up passenger window hack for a 1997. ToolPants suggested splicing the wiring, or changing the motor. Anyone have success with either of these methods? I did some research and couldn't find any difference in the wiring harness diagram, or window motor part numbers.

I asked the PCA tech commitee for feedback. It's not definitive, but here's John Paterek's response. "I believe that the alarm control unit is the thing keeping your right window from going up. The window receives a hertz signal from the control unit telling it what to do and I believe that the unit is different from a 98-00 Boxster and I don't think that you can change it out."
Old May 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM   #2
LT1Z28Dave

I have a 97 986 and...

... it has express up on both the driver and passenger's side. Considering the previous owner was kind of a hammerhead and didn't give two sheites about the car I'd say it was OEM and not a hack. I did replace the computer, but it came out of a 97 also. What alarm option do you have? I have the M535 and all the window and door lock function go back to the module under the driver's seat.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 03:16 PM   #3
DenVogel

Re: I have a 97 986 and...

I have the 535 alarm option as well. I have talked to other '97 owners, and they indicated the express up window function didn't work on their cars either. The express down is working, but not up on the passenger side. I wonder what's different on your car...
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM   #4
LT1Z28Dave

Re: I have a 97 986 and...

I'll have to see what's different. Who knows what the owner before me did... If I find out, I'll let you know.

-Dave

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman