Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 15th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #1
frenchy

Problem with window

I have some problems with my driver side window. When you open the door, usually the window goes down a little bit (2-3 mm). Since this morning my driver side window does not go down when I pull the door handle (interior or exterior) but I can still raise and lower the window (using the window control button). When I pull the door handle, I can hear the "microswitch' click, then I hear the motor that kind of try to lower the window, but nothing move...

The problem is that the window "scrub" against the top frame when I open or close the door (actually it is kind of difficult to open/close now). I can deal with it by lowering the window (using my car key when I'm outside or the controll button when I'm inside) when I open the door but it is ennoying...

Any idea what is the problem?

How do you get access to the motor/sprokets that drive the window?

Jean
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 12:38 AM   #2
mark in sunnyvale

Had the same problem

You need to replace your window regulator. The part is about $250. You can try fixing it. The reason it won't retract when you try to open is that a plastic bushing (white in color) is cracked. This causes excessive play, so the motor can't retract.

My passenger side was replaced a year ago. I actually bought a driver side from ebay, waiting for the passenger side to break.

i can't help you with removing the side panels, but I do recall a website with the directions. Try a google search. Be careful if you have side airbags, you may trigger your air bag light.
mark in sunnyvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 12:40 AM   #3
mark in sunnyvale

Jean,
Are you the guy with the Arena red boxster? I'm the guy with the white boxster.
-Mark
Old December 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM   #4
frenchy

Yes I am!

Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark in sunnyvale
Jean,
Are you the guy with the Arena red boxster? I'm the guy with the white boxster.
-Mark
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

Door Panel Removal Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark in sunnyvale
i can't help you with removing the side panels, but I do recall a website with the directions. Try a google search. Be careful if you have side airbags, you may trigger your air bag light.

Door Panel Removal Instructions
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:32 AM   #6
mark in sunnyvale

Jean,
It was nice to meet you. I remember that you mentioned your car is still under warranty. You may want to try giving the dealer a ring and asking if a window regulator replacement is a warranty item. If not, you can try getting TP to sell you his regulator=). I think he won a motor + regulator on ebay for the cost of shipping.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman