Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Brian Eddy

Sports Car Invitational

Did anyone see the Boxster at the Sports Car Invitationals PCA race? It was made up to look like a CHP vehicle - even had a small light bar on top. I have a pic, but not sure how to post it.

He ran pretty well. Stayed in the top half of the field throughout
Old October 6th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #2
Dan (san jose)

Re: Sports Car Invitational

That car belongs to Dr. Chris Murray. His car being all black he decided it needed to have some color...so he placed white vinyl over the black doors and then added the grahpics for the CHP. He made this change several months ago. He even made a fake light bar out of polycarbonate in red blue and clear. Chris is a great guy and always wants to have a fun time. His car by the way has a 996 motor in it. Somewhere in the 320 plus horsepower area. Normal induction with hot chip and hand made headers, plus alot of carbon fiber body parts and other assorted goodies. Chris is very good at fabrication and has a good time doing it. He has been the GGR Timetrial chair for the last 3 years and is also an instructor.
Old October 6th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #3
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

pic of car

hi brian, you can send your pic to me, i'll upload it and you can then link it to your post.

Old October 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #4
Dan (san Jose)

nice pic Doug, going to TH in 2 wks? *NM*

Old October 6th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #5

no...yet another conflict have fun. *NM*

Old October 6th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #6
Brian Eddy

Re: pic of car

Thanks, but I like your pic better than mine -
Old October 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #7

ahhhh...B.S.....show us the light bar, eh! *NM*

Old October 6th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #8
Barry

Check out the logo inside the star on the door *NM*

Old October 7th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #9
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Gotta love those "Laguna pipes"...

... directing the exhaust noise up and away from the sound check station at the exit of turn 5.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman