Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 9th, 2002, 06:54 PM   #1
RobynC

A Special Message from RobynC

As this Wednesday marks the one year anniversary of the tragedy that befell our nation, I'd like to take a moment to pass on a few personal reflections and thank some special people. Firstly, I want to say that life is short, too short not to tell those you love how much they mean to you; to try to make at least one person smile; one person laugh and forgive at least one person a misdeed each day.

This has been an amazing year for me. I took delivery of my car after 9-11, having decided like a lot of folks on the board that life is too short not to do something special for yourself. And although it was a dream for me to own this car, I could have waited and decided not to.

My first Babblers event was Toys for Tots. And I remember my impression of things quite clearly. "WOW, they are ALL so nice and down to earth." I am not sure what I was expecting of a "Porsche" crowd, but all of those stereotypical boundaries were shattered that day!

I want to thank a few folks here on this board:

Tom - Thank you for providing us with a forum for learning and sharing. You are always willing to lend a helping hand…thank you!

Tool Pants - Just thanks. You are one of the kindest, most giving Boxster owners I have ever encountered. Your help, your advise is so very appreciated.

Catalog Guy and Chatter Box - You guys are just too cool!

Ben from Ptown - One of the nicest people I have ever met! And man, you sure know how to make up with the wife. I made Andy read those posts!

Yoseif - An all around super guy always willing to lend a hand.

Trygve - Thank you for all your help and guidance on the track. Your website has always been an incredible source of information for me. You are an inspiration.

Kevin C and Scott Fisher - You guys inspire me to get out on the track and kick some butt! You rock!

And to everyone else who contributes to the board, comes out to the drives, and is so helpful, THANK YOU!

Make this Wednesday a day of special remembrance, spend it with your family or spend it doing something you love. I myself will be spending it washing and waxing my car in the morning, a true labor of love and in the evening, having family and friends over to BBQ. Community, many of numbers means strength. As a nation, we will persevere, we have no choice but to not to. We are American's after all.

Always with much love and kindness,
RobynC
Old September 9th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Boxster Ben

Amen... *NM*

Old September 10th, 2002, 12:49 PM   #3
Trygve Isaacson

thanks Robyn, what a great message! *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman