Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old December 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #1
Gary McNair

1999 Boxster Window regulator

My 1999 Boxster seems to have a failed drivers side window regulator. The window doesn't drop the small amount when the outside handle is moved. Today when I drove it there is a grinding against glass sound when the window is actuated, both up and down.
So I've been quoted $650 to replace, etc.

How does this sound, I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area /

Thks,
Gary
Gary McNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:00 AM   #2
jamesbond

1999 Boxster Window regulator

Hello

The Porsche Boaster Window Regulator is the part that directs motive force to move a car's

jamesbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 07:03 AM   #3
CatalogGuy

Hi Gary,

Were you able to get this resolved, and was it the regulator? I am having the same problem with my 2000, although no grinding. It all seems to work ok, but the glass does not drop, and I can manipulate its position a bit by hand if I try.
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 09:17 PM   #4
Oggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalogGuy View Post
Hi Gary,

Were you able to get this resolved, and was it the regulator? I am having the same problem with my 2000, although no grinding. It all seems to work ok, but the glass does not drop, and I can manipulate its position a bit by hand if I try.
This will definitely be the window mechanism. The cable stretches as it ages, resulting in slack that results in the window not moving enough. I replaced my window mechanisms (both drivers and then passenger not long after). I replaced the Drivers side with a genuine Porsche unit which was expensive and worked OK. The Passenger side I replaced with a URO premium unit which have ball bearings instead of bushes. The Passenger side unit works much better (smoother and faster) than the Drivers.
Oggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical