Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old August 22nd, 2001, 06:43 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Universal Express. Inc. -USXP- Sponsors Dick Barbour Racing Team

Universal Express. Inc. -USXP- Sponsors Dick Barbour Racing Team

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 22, 2001--Universal Express, Inc. (OTC:USXP) announced today that it has sponsored the Dick Barbour RacingTeam, and their USXP logo will be prominently displayed on the teams #5 car.

The race can be seen on NBC at 2pm EST, Saturday, August 25th.

Sponsorship of the Dick Barbour Racing Team, as contenders for the American Le Mans Series Championship, is a tremendous promotional and marketing color platform to heighten brand awareness, shape consumer attitudes, communicate a commitment to a particular lifestyle, incent the trade, differentiate products or services from competitors, entertain clients, create merchandising opportunities, showcase product or service attributes, achieve multiple marketing objectives, and, most importantly, drive sales.

The Dick Barbour Racing Team proudly displaying USXP's logo can deliver increased brand awareness via the series with its over 330,000 upper income, well-educated spectators at eight live events in major markets across the United States, nationally to almost 9 million viewers on NBC, SPEEDVISION and FOX SPORTS NET, and worldwide on EUROSPORT - a global network reaching 82 million homes and 220 million people in 47 countries.

"We are proud to be a sponsor of the Dick Barbour Racing Team and having USXP's logo displayed on their car #5. This is an excellent opportunity to create awareness of Universal Express, Inc. and our family of companies through major media events covered by the best media providers such as FOX Sports Net and NBC", said Richard Altomare, USXP CEO. He went on to state, "The Dick Barbour Racing Team is sponsored by Porsche, Michelin and Mobil 1 to name a few. Being in the company of such companies, and with the Dick Barbour Racing Team is an absolute pleasure, and the Universal dream coming true."

Universal (USXP) operates several other subsidiaries in logistics and International shipping (WorldPost.com). Its association of private postal stores (PBC) provides various support services and numerous other programs to its members.

Visit Universal Express and its subsidiaries on the web at http://www.usxp.com Visit The Dick Barbour Racing Team at http://www.dickbarbourracing.com

Old August 22nd, 2001, 06:48 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Here's my new driving instructor!

Yeah, I wish!

Very attractive and VERY BRIGHT (5 MASTERS & working on a 6th!)

Milka Duno
Born: April 22, 1972
Birthplace: Caracas, Venezuela
Residence: Caracas, Venezuela

Milka finished fourth overall in the ALMS 2000 Women's Global GT Series. Her best finishes were a podium spot (third) at the Petit Le Mans and a fourth at Sebring. In 1999, she scored a podium finish in the season finale at Las Vegas and also had a pair of fourths in the 1999 Road Atlanta rounds. She was third in the 1999 Women's Global GT standings. Before becoming a regular in the GT Series, Milka began in Venezuelan club racing in 1996 and 1997, finishing second in a GT championship there in '97. She has raced in the Venezuelan Porsche Cup and Ferrari Challenge. In addition to her motorsport credentials, her educational credentials are equally prominent. Milka has earned five Master's degrees in naval engineering, business organization, marine business, naval architecture and marine biology and is pursuing a sixth in economic development.

Old August 22nd, 2001, 06:51 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

I think I'll start a Milka Duno Fan Club

PDV's good will ambassador
PDVSA president lauds Milka Duno's brilliant career in sports

Petróleos de Venezuela President Guaicaipuro Lameda lavished well-deserved praise on Venezuelan car driver Milka Duno for her brilliant career with the PDV Racing Team.

Lameda higlighted the importance of the role played by Duno in the highly-competitive world of car racing, and the significance of her designation as good will ambassador for the PDV line of products, underscoring her identification with excellence, which he said was on a par with that of the brand products she will be promoting.

"Milka Duno is an example of Venezuelan talent, and she represents a role model for our youths to follow because of her performance in world of sports, because of her professional career and because of her overall conduct in life," Lameda said.
For her part, Duno said she would be proud and pleased to display the PDV colors and brand names, as well as to serve as a goodwill ambassador for the Venezuelan energy concern.

Deltaven CEO Salvador Arrieta was among those present at Duno's designation.
Duno's brilliant performance during 2000 earned her the title of Car Driver of the Year, a distinction awarded by Venezuelan sports writers. The special citation made her the first woman driver to win this award in Venezuela.

Duno's performance as a car racer has been remarkable, an example of that being her recent performance in Australia. Before a crowd of some 150,000 spectators lining the streets of Adelaide, she took a third place that made her the only female driver to salute from the podium in the GTS class.

Duno won the Winter Panoz GT Series in 2000, a season during which she also took the Road Atlanta competition driving a F335 Ferrari, a victory that made her the first woman in the United States and the second in the world to ever win in this class.

The Caracas-born driver said her plans for this year call for taking part in at least 30 official world class races.

She's slated to make her debut in European circuits at the Telefónica-Nissan Open, the highest ranked competitions in single-seater category in the continent, starting June 10 in Spain and continuing on to Italy, Portugal and France.

The talented local driver also plans to compete on board a prototype car in the prestigious American Le Mans Series in Daytona, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, as well as in Monsport in Canada. Her plans also include the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans, the world's most exacting test of endurance, which is set to take place June 16.

Old August 22nd, 2001, 07:08 PM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

Yup, she's the real deal...

and she's gotta be an intimidating competitor at the track. Imagine how the other drivers at the track feel when they see her passing them and on the podium...

click here for: A LAP OF LAGUNA SECA IN THE VIPER WITH MILKA DUNO
Old August 22nd, 2001, 08:56 PM   #5
Christopher Brown

this is what you need

http://www.racerchicks.com/racers/racer.html

I'll take Cindi Lux as my instructor. She won the women's GT challenge and was asked back to help promote the series. She declined to compete in many races the following year as the competition wasn't strong enough. She's from my hometown and I've met her a few times. not the cutest... but the best.

christopher

http://www.racerchicks.com/racers/racer.html
Old August 22nd, 2001, 08:57 PM   #6
Christopher Brown

Re: Here's my new driving instructor!

http://www.ashleytaws.com/

my pic if skill wasn't top priority....

http://www.ashleytaws.com/
Old August 22nd, 2001, 09:27 PM   #7
Tool Pants

Watch out about the Barbie stuff

We have a number of women Boxster owners, and they do just as good as the men. Sometimes, I think they do better. Wish we had more with us.

Anyway, my Barbie did fine on the dyno.

Jeff

Old August 23rd, 2001, 07:09 AM   #8
renster in Mass.

I miss you tool pants!

and all the BABBLERs out there!

My first experience with a Porsche dealer in the Boston area has been a nightmare. 5 week wait to get in... luckily they fired the guy who made the appointment. He only listed oil change vs. 15,000 mile and oil change. So, another 3 weeks before they can get me in with a long enough slot to do the full job. .

In the Bay Area Rector got me in for an oil change in 72 hours. Nearly 8 weeks from when I requested service until they can see me here...

My '01 non-S has 18,000 miles on it now. Any pointers to be aware of for that first maintenance?

Cheers,
-renster

Not a Barbie Boxster
Old August 23rd, 2001, 11:37 AM   #9
Magic Mtn Dan

Well, if driving skills aren't involved... *NM*

Old August 23rd, 2001, 11:40 AM   #10
Magic Mtn Dan

Hey Net Girl, we miss you! As far as your 15k service goes...

do it yourself! We'll coach you from here - I'm sure we could put them all on a Web page anyway, with pictures! Get yourself a $30 jack, $35 in jackstands, $20 in oil pans, $7 in oil filter wrench, $6 for a hex drive (to remove the oil plug), and the oil and filter/crush ring, and you're ready to change your oil forever (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Get yourself a Pollen Filter (Activated Charcoal) and you're almost done - the other stuff is checking fluid levels, etc.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing