Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 15th, 2001, 03:44 PM   #1
Greg

New seats in boxster: my experience so far

This seems to be the best kept secret in the boxster community ;-) I have found it very hard to get any info on putting aftermarket seats in a boxster, so I thought I'd share my findings... I was shooting for Recaro pole positions but the 3 recaros dealers in the bay which I contacted have proven to be complete tossers, backordered, or both ;-( Scratch that idea, after a month of waiting ! (maybe it's recaro's supply chain that sucks, but something's fishy)

I took a drive to sears point and went to the race shop there, found about 10 kinds of sparco seats to actually sink my butt in ! Nice change, all in stock ! We measured the car and the boxster is a bit of a pain in terms of size. It's narrow, so the model I wanted (EVO2) apparently would not fit without using a big hammer ;-)

The "Evo" would though, so I got a set of those plus brackets for $1080, after a 10% discount. A local shop there can manufacture parts needed to attach those to the existing sliders (or whatever it takes, apparently there are no boxster adpaters for sparcos?) and put the seats in for $400 ballpark..at my specs, retaining sliders and saving height as well...

Overall still cheaper than the recaros I wanted. This should happen next week and I will take pictures so you guys can see the results. Too bad it won't be done for this week end's Thunderhill event but it should be ready for Hunpin's DEc 3rd event for those who come there..

PS: mine are black, not red ;-)

Seats picture there
Old November 15th, 2001, 05:11 PM   #2
Greg

Re: New seats #2

Correction: It seems Brey Krause makes an EVO to 986 side mount bracket ($150 each or should I say ouch). I'll wait for the exact quote from the shop on monday and decide which way to go...
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:07 PM   #3
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

hardware that works with evo

(from www.bkauto.com)

1. Choose the R-906X side mount part# for your specific seat.
2. Aftermarket sliders manufactured by Sparco
3. Brey-Krause slider adapters to adapt aftermarket sliders to the floor pan for Boxster or 996. Use part# R-9041 for Sparco sliders.
4. If you use Sparco sliders you will also need Brey-Krause part# R9045 Seat Actuating Tube.

i can send pics if interested, or you can check out my seat at sears pt day after thanksgiving
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:08 PM   #4
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

btw..good price even with $400 custom mounting *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman