Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 5th, 2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Well, here it is - 2000 Boxster S for sale - a very special car!

As many of you know, I am buying a home so my baby must go The car is incredible and the price is more than fair (it's a steal - I've compared the price to many advertised and this car has far more equipment and options in it for far less $). In fact, I saw a 2001 Boxster with very little in it at a dealer and the price was over $45,000! More than my car:

2000 Porsche Boxster S - For Sale
This is a special car with many options including some that are no longer available.

VIN #: WP0CB2981YU660581
License Plate: BOX*S2K
Price: $44,900
Mileage: 20,600

Sticker was $62,131 - I have added over $8,000 in additions = $70,000+

From the Factory:
2000 Boxster S (250HP), 6-speed manual transmission
Black Metallic Paint with Black Top
Sport Seats, Black Leather with Porsche Crest in Headrest
Boxster S – Sport Package (Windstop, cruise, alarm, AM/FM CD radio, Hi-Fi sound pkg.)
Digital Sound Pkg
Sport Design Package – Boxster S
Special Chassis Rigidly Tuned - M030
Porsche Windstop (Deflector)
Litronic Headlights
Headlight Washers
AM/FM Radio with CD Player in dash
Speedster Rear (“Humps”) from factory!
18” Wheels/Tires

After-purchase Additions – over $8,000 in additional items:
Lo/Jack
Becker 6-disc CD changer in front trunk
Gemballa Cup Wheels (3 piece) with polished centers (9x18 front; 10x18 rear)
Wheel Caps with Porsche Crests (color)
H&R Sport Springs
Evo Air Induction System
Lloyd Deluxe Mats in car trunks
B&M Short Shifter
Gemballa Pedals
GIAC Chip
Speed-controlled sound
Tinted Side Windows
Clear Side Marker Lights
Non-smokers Kit
Evo Tower Strut Braces front & rear
Colgan Bra and Mirror Bras
“Boxster S” decal (silver)

Other information:
Factory Warranty until January 2004
Original owner
Purchased at McKenna Porsche, Norwalk, CA, January 2000

Service Record:

This car has been pampered - service intervals have been more frequent than the factory requires.

Mobil One synthetic oil & factory oil filter changes:
1. 8/7/00 6,225 (ahead of factory schedule) at Anderson Behel Porsche in San Jose
2. 2/15/01 10,500 by owner
3. 7/14/01 15,050 by owner (and 15,000 mile service)
4. 3/30/02 18,500 by owner

Comps:

Kelly Blue Blue Book Private Party Report

2000 Porsche Boxster S Cabriolet 2D
Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.2 Liter
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Telescoping Wheel, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Compact DiscCD Changer/Stacker, Dual Front Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Leather Dual Power Seats, Rear Spoiler, Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $44,695

Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

-------------------------------------------------
More comps from a nationally known dealer:

Champion Motors Pre-owned

2001 BOXSTER $43,500.00
Black / Black, Sport Package, 6,000 miles

2000 BOXSTER S $43,500.00
Black / Savannah Beige Leather, PSM, Sport Package, 18" Sport Classic Rims, 24,000 miles

-------------------------------------------------

For sale by owner: Dan F
located in SoCal
818-XXX-XXXX (h)
805-XXX-XXXX (cell)
XXXXXXX@aol.com - e-mail me for more info & pics
Sell Price: $44,900

Last edited by Admin; May 1st, 2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Personal info removed by request.
Old August 5th, 2002, 05:31 PM   #2
David in Belfast

Re: Well, here it is - 2000 Boxster S for sale - a very special car!

I'm sure you'll be sorry to see it go,what car will you be buying to replace the Boxster?

David
Old August 5th, 2002, 05:42 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

A four-bedroom 2700 square footer!

Hi David, good to hear from you.

Yes, I'm very sorry (or will be) to see it go. But it looks so beautiful (just had it completely detailed, glazed, waxed, etc., etc.) and it's so clean and brand-new looking that I just don't want to sell it. I look at it and it's everything I ever wanted in a Boxster S (well, it is LOADED).

I'm going to wait a couple of years and look at the new Corvette (C6). It should be even better than the current Corvette (which is very nice and a great value). Of course there are plenty of other cars out and coming being sold now that are worthy of consideration. One thing I will be doing is going for more power.

I just drove a friend's BMW M3 with SMG transmission and I will definitely consider that car. It's a great one too!

Old August 5th, 2002, 05:59 PM   #4
David in Belfast

Check this M3 CSL

www.autoexpress.co.uk

Good luck with the sale I'm off to bed 2am here.

nite nite

David

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman