Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 21st, 2002, 05:18 PM   #1
RobynC

Babblers Drive Photos! Great turn out, awesome drive!

Had a TERRIFIC showing of Porsche's today with a total of 20 cars!! (The 996ers were out in mass! And a great Boxster showing of regulars and some great new people!!) The roads were great, the weather ideal and the company well, incredible. Thanks to Ben for helping me out with the planning...it all turned out fantastic!

RobynC

We had a few welcomed interlopers, one from Starbucks. Brady with his gorgeous 928! And Andy with his 1988 Carrera Targa. Not to mention another addition to the Babblers as Ben was working it with a Boxster that mixed into the parking lot with us.

Special thanks to Tom for the name tags, great idea!!

Babblers - East Bay Drive
Old July 21st, 2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: Babblers Drive Photos! Great turn out, awesome drive!

That was a great drive. Thanks to Robyn and Ben for doing such a great job organizing it.

Yoseif
Old July 21st, 2002, 06:38 PM   #3
Boxster Ben

Great folks...great cars...great day!!!!

Thanks again to everyone that made the Livermore Valley/Altamont/Camino Tassajara drive...it's a nice change of pace for those of us on this side of the bay...Patterson Pass Rd. was a favorite with great twists...Old Altamont Pass Rd. left a grin on everyones face as it was virtually "traffic free" except for 20 Porsches ripping down the canyon...we met some very nice folks today that will be a fun addition to the Babblers...in fact, I had so much fun I'm toying with the idea of doing an early morning jaunt next Sunday up to Mt. Ham...maybe leaving fremont early...like 0800 hrs...coffee and hit the road before too many bikers get up there...cruise down the backside and brunch in Pleasanton...Main St. grill is a fun spot. Let me know if there iss interest and we can post more info later in the week...once again, thanks folks...today was a blast!!! Ben in the Red Boxster S!!!! (with the allday smile)!!!
Old July 21st, 2002, 06:44 PM   #4
Ken R

Thanks Robyn and Ben

Thank you both for planning a very nice drive this morning. We had a great time with you all.
Old July 21st, 2002, 06:55 PM   #5
Loren

Enjoyed it!! Thanks Robyn and Ben! *NM*

Old July 21st, 2002, 08:37 PM   #6
Paul in CA

Another pic, plus exhaust sounds! Thank you Robyn & Ben!!

Link to the recordings we took on the various 996 sport exhausts ==> http://www.paulto.com/porsche-exhaust-sounds.html

A pano of all the cars. Scroll to the side to see it all!

Okay, I should have focused on driving...

One more time, thank you Ben and Robyn for organizing this! Had a great time.

Paul
Old July 21st, 2002, 08:39 PM   #7
Paul in CA

Re: Great folks...great cars...great day!!!!

Ben:

I am away next week otherwise would join you. Have fun!

pAUL
Old July 21st, 2002, 09:40 PM   #8
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Cool panorama shot! *NM*

Old July 21st, 2002, 11:47 PM   #9
Catalog Guy

there's that truck!

Nice pics. What a fun day. I haven't seen that many Babblers at once since Toys for Tots. Today was perfect for a drive. How did we connect with all the other Porsche folks? I really enjoyed watching the 996 guys compare intake plumbing mods as well as meeting a 928 driver. BTW I washed my car at midnight last night! I like Robyn's pic of me counting the money. Ben and Robyn thanks for a great job in planning the route, promoting the event, Ben's pre drive talk, and great teamwork leading the drive and keeping track of the cars.

Andrew

Old July 22nd, 2002, 12:32 AM   #10
Manila Jay

oh maaaaan! great turnout

hats off to the organizers and everyone who showed up.

dang that looks like so much fun.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman