Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

View Poll Results: Which Home Page features do you use or enjoy?
News 11 45.83%
Babblers Garage 10 41.67%
Latest Topics 16 66.67%
Event Calendar 11 45.83%
RennTech Topics 10 41.67%
Forum Navigation 5 20.83%
Active Users 5 20.83%
Polls 6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Admin

Which main page features do you use?

Is the main page too busy? Are there any features you'd like to see added?

Take the poll to vote on what should stay or provide feedback on additional features/funtions you'd like to see.

Multiple selections are definitely allowed!
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #2
Mdreiver

I don't think it was possible to indicate this preference by voting but I'd like to make it known I'd prefer having one big fat forum again. Ironically, I think a heavy traffic board like PPBB could use the split boards we have here but we're noticably lower in volume and we'd be better served seeing all the discussions on 1 page.

If you are looking to streamline and cut out things people don't need, that might be a good place to start. Perhaps a poll to see who prefers what?
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #3
Admin

Thanks for the feedback Scott. At the moment I'm focusing on the entry page as it's tough enough to get people to respond to any request for input.

There've been over 30 registered users using the site today and only 1 or 2 of them have voted in the current poll. Since the poll was opened on the 14th there's only been a total of 6 users besides myself that have actually taken the 30 seconds needed to vote. Needless to say, a lack of responses makes it very difficult to implement changes that people would like to see. Hell, even Porsche runs focus groups to elict user input.
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #4
robert986

While I definitely appreciate all of the bells & whistles that are on this site, I cannot help think that the elimination of some of these items would make your life much, much easier. Good luck in the revamp!

Rob
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #5
Admin

Actually, running the site takes very little effort. Other than the "news", most of the updating happens automatically and is controlled via content modules. It's really a very neat system. The "revamp" will be much more cosmetic than it will be content.
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #6
Barry

I agree with Scott. One main section for most (if not all) topics with more messages & discussion text on the screen (or maybe I just haven't figured out how to do this yet).
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #7
TI (Alameda)

Personally I'm just looking to see what people have posted. So I look at "Latest Forum Topics". At some point I noticed the RennTech latest topics list and occasionally (rarely) find a headline there that I click on (it's not Boxster-specific). Thus in the poll I checked those two items only. So for me, the Babblers home page ends up being about 90% clutter on my way to what I'm looking for, which is the threads. The system here is very flexible and powerful and cool and full of features, and you have done a great job running it! However, the way that I use the board is more in tune with the primitive everything-threaded-in-view PPBB or BRB model, so those sites feel more streamlined and effective to me, even if they are not slick like the Babblers board.
TI (Alameda) is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk