Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #11
The Voxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Voxster's been pining for one, and so have I. With the excellent weather we're having, how about a nice drive (followed by lunch) this Saturday?

I'll let Voxster plan out the route since - as we all know - he is great at that

Tentatively:
When: 10.30am this Saturday (03/14)
Where: Hwy9/Skyline hotdog stand area

That location also provides for a slew of drive as well as lunch options. Please reply if you think you can make it!
DOH! If it hadn't been for BigB's voice message that I JUST got literally like 5 minutes ago, I never would have known this was going on. As it turns out, I now have a friend and his wife coming down from San Ramon to go wine tasting tomorrow in the Santa Cruz mtns cuz they've never been ANYwhere there, and they're dying to try some great wine from this area.

Any/all of you are welcome to join in with us, as it's totally informal (and we may spot you or pass you out in the mountains tomorrow anyway haha).

Our schedule is to meet at my place at 11:30am and drive:

- out 280 to Foothill and out Stevens Canyon Rd.
- up Montebello Rd to Ridge Vineyards, where we'll lay out our picnic brunch on the tables there and do our first tasting stop. Then:
- drive back down Montebello and stay right on stevens canyon
- bear left on mt. eden rd
- stop for another tasting at Cooper-Garrod
- Leave C-G and go left back onto Mt Eden Rd.
- Turn right onto Pierce Rd
- Turn right onto Big Basin, and head to Savannah-Chanelle for another tasting
- Then head up to Skyline and hang a left all the way down to
- a right turn on Bear Creek Rd, and stay on it until we get to Byington and David Bruce

If you wanna caravan and drive and go wine tasting with us, you can meet us at Ridge at around noon with picnic supples (if you wanna eat), but unfortunately, I am not available otherwise.

I wish I'd known this was going on under my very nose, or I wouldn't have planned something else hahahahaha

Hear The Future
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #12
RaisedOnPorsches

Hey I'm fine with using noon at Ridge Vineyards as a starting point. We can deviate from Vox's plans as folks see fit. I can always drive the length of Skyline Blvd on the way back to Alameda to get my fix.

It is going to take some prodding to get my girlfriend going today since she was up really late reading a book. I'll assume noon at Ridge Vineyards is our starting point.

Cheers,
-J
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #13
RaisedOnPorsches

Talking Y'all missed out!

Well I'm not sure what happened to the rest of you... Voxster and I along with our friends had a blast today touring a few wineries and enjoying the twisties down in the Santa Cruz mountains.

It was a little grey and overcast, but the view was still beautiful and the escape into the wilds of California at high speeds was well worth it.

A huge thanks to Voxster for letting Jessica and I mooch some wonderful food from your wonderful pic-a-nic basket ("Hey, hey boo boo!"). We owe you some eats the next time you venture up to the East Bay. I'm PM you my cell # incase you wish to get in touch.

The drive home along Skyline Boulevard was wide open and fast just the way it should be.

Cheers,

-J
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

Old March 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #14
The Voxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
Well I'm not sure what happened to the rest of you... Voxster and I along with our friends had a blast today touring a few wineries and enjoying the twisties down in the Santa Cruz mountains.

It was a little grey and overcast, but the view was still beautiful and the escape into the wilds of California at high speeds was well worth it.

A huge thanks to Voxster for letting Jessica and I mooch some wonderful food from your wonderful pic-a-nic basket ("Hey, hey boo boo!"). We owe you some eats the next time you venture up to the East Bay. I'm PM you my cell # incase you wish to get in touch.

The drive home along Skyline Boulevard was wide open and fast just the way it should be.

Cheers,

-J
Doooood, that was an awesome day. Good to see you out there in the mountains again, and glad you had a good time. I'll post some pics here as soon as I get them out of my camera...

Hear The Future
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #15
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voxster View Post
DOH! If it hadn't been for BigB's voice message that I JUST got literally like 5 minutes ago, I never would have known this was going on. As it turns out, I now have a friend and his wife coming down from San Ramon to go wine tasting tomorrow in the Santa Cruz mtns cuz they've never been ANYwhere there, and they're dying to try some great wine from this area.

Any/all of you are welcome to join in with us, as it's totally informal (and we may spot you or pass you out in the mountains tomorrow anyway haha).

Our schedule is to meet at my place at 11:30am and drive:

- out 280 to Foothill and out Stevens Canyon Rd.
- up Montebello Rd to Ridge Vineyards, where we'll lay out our picnic brunch on the tables there and do our first tasting stop. Then:
- drive back down Montebello and stay right on stevens canyon
- bear left on mt. eden rd
- stop for another tasting at Cooper-Garrod
- Leave C-G and go left back onto Mt Eden Rd.
- Turn right onto Pierce Rd
- Turn right onto Big Basin, and head to Savannah-Chanelle for another tasting
- Then head up to Skyline and hang a left all the way down to
- a right turn on Bear Creek Rd, and stay on it until we get to Byington and David Bruce

If you wanna caravan and drive and go wine tasting with us, you can meet us at Ridge at around noon with picnic supples (if you wanna eat), but unfortunately, I am not available otherwise.

I wish I'd known this was going on under my very nose, or I wouldn't have planned something else hahahahaha
Hey, no worries. Saw this too late, but we should definitely plan another one soon
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #16
bigb

Quote:
Doooood, that was an awesome day. Good to see you out there in the mountains again, and glad you had a good time. I'll post some pics here as soon as I get them out of my camera...
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Gerry promised he'll post some pics and video(s) of our drive as soon as he gets his internet connectivity back.
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #17
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post

Cheers,

-J
Hey, sorry we missed you guys today, but glad to know that all had a great time

Both Gerry and I started a bit early, and as a result I didn't see your message from this morning. We thought you were coming over to the 9/35 vista point @ 10.30, and we waited an extra 20mins or so -- I should learn to exchange phone #s ahead of these drives (though it may not have helped in this case as my AT&T phone was not getting any reception at the vista point -- though Gerry's verizon was! Oh well)

We had a very nice drive thanks to twisty roads and minimal traffic, some good food at a Greek place in santa cruz, a ukulele purchase at a music store, and back by early afternoon We could've used more sun today, but all in all a very satisfying drive+lunch.
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #18
bigb

Quote:
Hey, we had just reached Santa Cruz when I got your text - I definitely have to do a vineyard fun run under your tutelage one of these days
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #19
Paralizer

Ya know ya might want to give a little more heads up to some of us. I didn't seem this until today. Some of us don't work on computers. Grrrrrrrrr.
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #20
RaisedOnPorsches

Well at least everyone (other than Paralizer) had a wonderful drive today. Next time we coordinate a drive, lets start planning on say the Wednesday of. That and make sure the event coordinator knows they are the event coordinator.

I really want to plan a road trip through Big Sur this year in the slightly warmer months. It will have to be a few day event. Others would be welcome.
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Tags
drive, lunch, santa cruz, scenic