Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:10 AM   #1
PorscheDriver

Angry Other Driver's Behavior on the Road

hi All,

First time on this forum and first time Porsche owner. Actually driving a loaner Porsche Cayenne as ours has not yet arrived from Europe.

I had the oddest experience this morning and was wondering if this is normal? I've never experienced this while driving our Lexus SUV.

I was on the way to driving my child to school early this morning on a major road in our city. It was early enough that not a lot of cars were on the road and I was at a stop light (first car in the lane) in a 2 lane road (2 lanes in each direction, 4 lanes total).

When the light turned green, I accelerated pretty quickly (in the hopes of not getting a red at the next intersection as this road toggles to red, upon red, upon red if you get caught at one red light). About 5 seconds into driving, I notice a red Toyota corolla suddenly to my RIGHT (in the right lane adjacent to me) revving heavy on the accelerator and accelerating as cause I could hear his engine heaving. (I thought in passing, "how funny he is trying so hard to go so fast, what is he trying to prove?")

He suddenly bypassed me (which I thought nothing of as I was not trying to race him)... when suddenly without signaling, he cut right in front of me (I was driving in the left lane of a 4 lane road, with 2 lanes going in each direction).

NOW... both lanes were empty and there was absolutely no reason for him to do a lane change into the left lane unless he wanted to do a left turn. But even then... there was no reason for him to accelerate so heavily and suddenly cut me off (without even doing a lane change signal).

THEN, to make things even worse, he suddenly braked hard and came to an almost standstill in front of me. I braked and moved our car to the right lane (without even looking.. thank GOD there was no car there in that lane) and missed rear ending him by inches (or 6 inches).

I was so shaken... and so incredibly angry.

What was up with that behavior? Is that normal for another driver to do that? We've driven and owned different models and makes of cars (Toyota, Mazda, and Lexus and have never faced such behavior before).

It seemed very intentional, and very malicious for some unknown reason.

I took a photo of his license plate and have half a mind to write about the incident to our local police department.

-shaken up mom simply driving her son to school

Last edited by PorscheDriver; May 2nd, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
PorscheDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2019, 07:16 AM   #2
baxter

You may have done something earlier to upset him. I doubt this was because you were driving a Porsche.
Old November 17th, 2019, 11:25 PM   #3
joshuaprice153

The porsche is really the ting. shower remodel
joshuaprice153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Tags
driver behavior