Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old July 6th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1
dedes

Arrow SUMMER BOXSTER JAM - roads less traveled

~~~ Saturday, JULY 18th, 2009 ~~~

~~~ Roads Less Traveled ~~~

SUMMER BOXSTER JAM

A friend on Facebook, Christopher Zand who has a "Porsche Boxster Enthusiasts Group" (click here) is currently planning a Summer Boxster Event - Initial plans include meet and greet at Chrissy Field in San Francisco and then set out for a fun drive up to Napa Wine Country for wine and cheese, where they will visit 3 wineries that will have special accommodations for the group.

You can confirm/sign up here on the event - Facebook Group Event Link

If you are not on Facebook, email me if you are interested or have questions and I will forward your message on to Christopher Zand the creator of the event: dedeseward@gmail.com

Everyone is encouraged to participate and have a good time and please drink and drive responsibly.

Date: Saturday, July 18, 2009
Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Street: Many

Riding the Napa Valley is a special treat for every Porsche Boxster owner – great roads, mountainous valleys, vineyards and beautiful wineries. While in the wine country, wineries and restaurants invite you to stop and enjoy their renown wine and good food. The rows of lush grape vines are a great place to lounge for a while and to enjoy the vistas.

Just about one hour away from San Francisco.

There has been talk about having 2 meeting places to meet in the morning and caravan up to Chrissy Field in San Francisco.

1. East Bay - RaisedOnPorsches aka Jeremy will decide on a location and post the location
2. Peninsula - BoxsterBob - San Carlos aka Bob has suggested Hwy 280/Edgewood Road Exit - "Park & Ride" as a location (see map below that Bob has posted) - thanks Bob for the GREAT map! Your AWESOME!!

QUESTION IS WHO IS GOING?
I, myself may not be able to go. So it is up to all of you other folks to coordinate the event with everyone here on Babblers.

1.RaisedOnPorsches - aka as Jeremy
2.Boxsterbob and Joanie
3.Gerry and son
4.DreamMachines
5.Akif....somewhere along the way
6.Dede and a friend, Kathleen
7.Barbara Inaba - San Francisco

Last edited by dedes; July 17th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

There is a Park & Ride lot on Edgewood Road on the East side of 280, right about here...
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #3
dedes

Here is a map of Chrissy Field

Not sure of the exact meeting location yet, once I find out I will mark the map and give the address information.

Old July 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #4
racegirl

I was just in Napa Valley for the 4th of July. It's not bad at 90 degrees as long as you don't go hiking in the open. Have fun!!

If any of you are going to Alameda for PCA autocrossing, I will see you then.
Track setup: Toyo R888, Pagid pads: RS-29 yellow (front) & RS-14 black (rear)
racegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #5
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

We were there 2 weeks ago, 105 degrees really diminished the top down enjoyment. That is very rare and I must admit, on the way home as temp dropped to 90, it actually felt chilly. By the time we hit the GGB, it was 65 degrees, a spread of 40 degrees in a matter of hours!

Old July 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #6
dedes

Smile Just checking in with you all interested folks...

..OK....I sent another email message to the person who is putting this on, Christopher Zand on Facebook. Hopefully he will respond soon with updated information. I have not heard back from him since my last PM on July 6th.
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #7
george g

We just returned from the Colorado Parade and after driving 3500 miles on our trip we won't be doing any rides for awhile. Had a great time but a lot of driving. See you at the Boxster Brunch on Aug. 1.

George
george g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #8
dedes

Heard from the organizer of this drive to Napa this Saturday

Looks like Jeremy and Boxsterbob are going.....;-)

IF YOU ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, BECAUSE CHRISTOPHER ZAND THE ORGANIZER OF THIS EVENT ON FACEBOOK NEEDS A HEAD COUNT BY TOMORROW. IS WHAT HE SAID TO ME.

FACEBOOK EVENT:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...d=102375818447

Here is the Facebook message BELOW:
Summer Boxter Jam ** PLEASE READ**To guests who are maybe attending Summer Boxster Jam

Christopher Zand

Today at 4:52pm

Hi All:

We are getting very close to the Summer Jam and I wanted to send this message out to get a firm head count on how many people are planning on attending - Please respond to this thread if your still interested in attending this Sat. July 18 for the drive up to Napa and scheduled tastings at selected wineries.

Please see our tentative plans below:

10:00am - Group Meet-up and Introductions:
- Either at Chrissy Field or Sonnen Porsche in Marin

10:30am-11:45am - Group Drive up to Napa

11:45am - Wine Tasting at Trefethan Winery in Napa - Classic winery with high-end wines and rustic facilities - tasting is optional - will consist of 5 tastings - reds and whites - and will cost $15 per person. This will be the most expensive of our tastings and definitley worth it!

12:45 - 1:30 Group Drive through Napa to Lunch

1:30pm - Picnic lunch at V. Sattui Winery - Relaxing winery in the heart of Napa with picnic tables and large grass fields. The winery has a large deli with many lunch options and there is a Dean & Deluca right across the street for more eating options.

2:45pm - 3:15pm - Group Drive to Viansa Winery -

3:30pm - Winery tour and Tasting - Viansa is the only Italian varietals-only winery in California. We will have a private tasting and a tour of their facilities and wine caves - cost is $10 per person for wine tour and tasting.

4:30 - Good-byes and people staying and Napa can continue and those heading back to San Francisco and drive back together.

** You are receiving this message because you indicated that you maybe attending this event which is great! Please confirm your attendance by responding to this thread - also let me know how many in your group - whether any of your friends also plan on coming - and how many in your group will be participating in the tastings.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Christopher Zand
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #9
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

yup, we're in.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Gerry

so while sitting in my couch, watching tv, eating mango sorbet and drinking orange juice in a glass full of ice, I ask Eric (youngest one) on where should I go...

His answer: go where I could be your passenger all day

I went..aha...Summer Boxster it is

See you guys there, bright and early

Bob, where should we meet? I'm by 280 Saratoga

and who else from San Jose are going?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups