Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old July 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #1
dedes

Cool Monterey 2009 Pelican Parts Wine Tour and Canyon Run

Monterey 2009
Pelican Parts Wine Tour and Canyon Run

(Friday, August 14th, 2009)

http://www.pelicanparts.com/winetour/

Important Update: World renowned Porsche experts Bruce Anderson and Tony Callas will be holding guest speaker seminars at the event.

Details coming soon...
Why spend your day sitting on grass looking at someone else’s car when you could be driving your own Porsche through the hills of beautiful Carmel Valley?

This August, join us on a spirited drive through the backcountry of Monterey county, ending up at the picturesque Hahn Estates Winery. The roots of the Hahn Estates Winery date back to the Hahn family’s European heritage. Come celebrate Porsche’s 60th Anniversary in style with a few hundred of your fellow Porsche-owner friends!

Enjoy a fully catered luncheon with our Santa Maria-style barbeque and enough wine, water, and lemonade to satisfy even the most discerning tastes. The cost of this wonderful afternoon is $45 per person, and includes registration, parking, food, wine, and drinks.

What makes up the soul of a wine? Or a specific vineyard site? Or a wine region? It’s more than terroir—technically, the soil and climate; it’s that plus the sum total of the perseverance, dedication, commitment and simple trial and error of the people who came together at a specific place and time, with a vision to plant the vineyard and create the wine. This Monterey weekend, Hahn Estates Winery will be showcasing their finest wines for the most discerning tastes.

What are the scheduled times for this event?

The drive is scheduled to depart in staggered groups from beautiful downtown Carmel By The Sea. We'll drive through the backcountry of Carmel Valley Road for about 2 hours, meeting up at the Hahn Winery at around noon or so. After two to three hours of food wine, and Porsches, various groups will depart and travel back to Monterey along the northern route, which is just as much fun as the first leg.

Pelican Wine Tour and Canyon Run

Frequently Asked Questions

(Friday, August 14th, 2009)

What are the scheduled times for this event?
The drive is scheduled to depart in staggered groups from beautiful downtown Carmel By The Sea. We'll drive through the backcountry of Carmel Valley Road for about 2 hours, meeting up at the Hahn Winery at around noon or so. After two to three hours of food wine, and Porsches, various groups will depart and travel back to Monterey along the northern route, which is just as much fun as the first leg.

Do we need to bring anything else, like picnic baskets?
Nope, just bring yourself and your Porsche. We'll provide all of the food, wine and drinks that you'll need at the winery.

I won't have my Porsche with me, can I still come?

Of course! We'll have special parking for all of the Porsches, and we'll also have additional areas for Ferraris and minivans.

What is the last day that I can register for the event?

We need to have a final headcount on the food by Friday, August 7th. So, please have your registration in by then. If this deadline can be extended, we'll let everyone know on this site.

What is the Hahn Winery?
The Porsche 356 Club has successfully staged several events at the Hahn Winery in recent years. The food is excellent, the staff are friendly and Porsche lovers too. There's parking and display areas for several hundred cars and dining facilities to match.

Who is the "Marble Arch Group" and why do I write the check out to them?

The Marble Arch Group is producing this event on behalf of Pelican Parts. These are the same guys that have put on the SoCal Porsche swapmeet (held this year at the Phoenix Club) Porsche 356 Club has successfully staged several events at the Hahn Winery in recent years. The food is excellent, the staff are friendly and Porsche lovers too. There's parking and display areas for several hundred cars and dining facilities to match.

Questions about the event?
Click here to email us your questions...

Register & Sign Up

Old July 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #2
dedes

Kevin and I are thinking about doing this tour prior to the Historic Races in Monterey.

Anybody else in?

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups