Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old July 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #11
DreamMachines

Hi Everyone,

Please count me in, and I would be interested in meeting up at the Edgewood Road Par & Ride off of 280 if this is still a meeting place for the south bay group. Will anyone be meeting here for the caravan up?

Thanks,

DreamMachines
DreamMachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #12
dedes

There has been talk about having 2 meeting places to meet in the morning and caravan up to Chrissy Field in San Francisco.

1. East Bay - RaisedOnPorsches aka Jeremy will decide on a location and post the location
2. Peninsula - BoxsterBob - San Carlos aka Bob has suggested Hwy 280/Edgewood Road Exit - "Park & Ride" as a location (see map that Bob has posted at beginning of this thread and the calendar)

WHO IS GOING?

1.RaisedOnPorsches - aka as Jeremy
2.Boxsterbob and Joanie
3.Gerry and son
4.DreamMachines
5.Akif - always appears somewhere along the way

I do not know the exact location at Crissy Field. I know Boxsterbob asked on the Facebook Group the exact area to meet in the early morning. We don't know about that yet.

I do need a head count by tomorrow for Christopher Zand.

Last edited by dedes; July 16th, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #13
DreamMachines

Thumbs up Ah...

Thank you so much Dede.

I didn't see any particular time mentioned but I figured it must be around 9:00 AM since we plan to be up to SF by 10:00?

Dream Machines
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #14
RaisedOnPorsches

East Bay Meeting Point

It sounded like the starting point for the event may be in SF or in Marin at Sonnen Porsche. Until this is decided an East Bay meeting point will be up in the air.

If the whole groups is meeting in SF then we'll likely be meeting in Emeryville at around 9:30. If it is in Marin then we might skip the tour in SF and meet closer to the San Rafael bridge.

Cheers,
-Jeremy
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #15
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMachines View Post
Please count me in, and I would be interested in meeting up at the Edgewood Road Par & Ride off of 280 if this is still a meeting place for the south bay group. Will anyone be meeting here for the caravan up?

Thanks,

DreamMachines
So far....
Check with Gerry from South Bay....to drive up Hwy 280 to Edgewood Road Park & Ride location together. You can PM Gerry
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #16
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
It sounded like the starting point for the event may be in SF or in Marin at Sonnen Porsche. Until this is decided an East Bay meeting point will be up in the air.

If the whole groups is meeting in SF then we'll likely be meeting in Emeryville at around 9:30. If it is in Marin then we might skip the tour in SF and meet closer to the San Rafael bridge.

Cheers,
-Jeremy
Jeremy...
Just talking about the caravan up....from either location, (East Bay & Peninsula) up to Crissy Field

I think Christopher was saying the first meeting place is Crissy Field for the first group of people and anyone north of the GG bridge would meet everyone at the second stop at Marin Sonnen Porsche (to pick up more ppl for the drive up to Napa)
If you have questions or concerns , please PM Christopher Zand on Facebook.

Christopher Zand
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...d?ref=ts&__a=1
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #17
DreamMachines

RaisedOnPorsches (Jeremy): Thanks for the additional informations, will stay tuned.

Dede: A very nice idea but I don't want to imposed upon Gerry or anyone. Will see...

DreamMachines

Last edited by DreamMachines; July 15th, 2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Misspelled "RaisedOnPorsches" as "RaidedOnPorsches" :O
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #18
RaisedOnPorsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes View Post
Jeremy...
Just talking about the caravan up....from either location, (East Bay & Peninsula) up to Crissy Field

I think Christopher was saying the first meeting place is Crissy Field for the first group of people and anyone north of the GG bridge would meet everyone at the second stop at Marin Sonnen Porsche (to pick up more ppl for the drive up to Napa)
Ah alright, that makes a lot more sense. Well if anyone other than myself in the East Bay is planning on attending, lets plan to meet in the parking lot near the Denny's near the freeway in Emeryville by 9:15 AM.

Denny's in Emeryville
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #19
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMachines View Post
RaisedOnPorsches (Jeremy): Thanks for the additional informations, will stay tuned.

Dede: A very nice idea but I don't want to imposed upon Gerry or anyone. Will see...

DreamMachines
DreamMachine..if you wanna meet up there @ 280 Park and Ride, I will be there or if you're coming from San Jose, we could meet up earlier in the morning before heading to Edgewood...either way would work

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #20
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
DreamMachine..if you wanna meet up there @ 280 Park and Ride, I will be there or if you're coming from San Jose, we could meet up earlier in the morning before heading to Edgewood...either way would work
Joanie and I can also meet at the Edgewood / 280 Park & Ride. What time are you shooting for?

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups