Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #1
dlfoust

Question Boxster audio upgrade advice?

I am looking for some one who has real experience in upgrading a Boxster's audio system. I have talked to a dozen installers and they all have different views as to how an upgrade should be done. If am going to spent some serious bucks I don't want to mess with trial and error installers. I am some what of a audiophile
and need some fairly sophisticated advice and guidance. I not opposed to tackling the install myself with the right advice. The right shop with a decent price will work to. Any recommendations out there?
dlfoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #2
ppbon

I've done all the audio upgrades to my car:
De-snorked
Added Headers
Modified muffler to PSE specs.
Beautiful audio.

It's a 2 seat convertible roadster.
IMNSHO our Boxsters don't have the acoustics to merit the investment.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Come visit: www.PedrosGarage.com
ppbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #3
boxs2000

I disagree, sometimes there is nothing better that cruising with the top down listening to some good tunes especially when you are stuck in traffic and can't hear the magical tone of your engine.

I have gutted my whole system, and now consist of Pioneer Avic D3 head unit with nav and ipod control, mbquart premium speakers, Alpine amps, and depending on my mood 8" kicker sub located in passenger footwell or during a/x season factory bose subwoofer (bose woofers were removed due to blown out) replaced with generic 5.25 subs (replacement on order) all wired with monster cables. What do you want to know?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #4
andrey

One thing I donít understand with Porsche. You pay high $$$ for a great car, but you get crap audio system.
I took the special bose system with my car, and it still sounds like crap. The noise reduction system just annoying, the radio reception is very weak. Also no iPod integration and no Aux input. Those are the basic features you get in this price range.
andrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #5
TypeS

Audio advice

You don't mention what system is in your boxter. My 2000 S has the optional system which consists of an extra component to set EQs and presets for varioous musical styles. Based on 14 years of being a foreign car mechanic, and the rest of my adult life being a professional musician/composer this system is incredibly accurate - in that it delivers virtually the same sound as created within my recording studio on original projects. So if your Boxster did not come with the optional system, my suggestion is to install it, as based on my experience with the pre Bose 2000 S system is that, unless you're interested in loosing your ability to hear high frequency (a scientifically proven fact of excessively loud music systems) you could hardly improve on Porsche's own optionaal audio system upgrades.

Happy New Year,

Jack
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman