Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 10th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #11
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Here are some pictures...

Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #12
Peter S

Kevin

Thanks for the pictures. The car looks great! The lowering looks just right and the seat also looks very good. You said you actually like the seat better than stock. How is the fit and particularly the legroom compared to stock? I'm tall and legroom is a little tight with the stock seat pushed all the way back. Did you get any improvement with the Evo 2's? Also, does the seat mount using the same holes as the stock seat? How hard was the installation and what did you need to do about the electric seat connections? When you are using the race harness, do you have issues with the seatbelt light since you are not using that buckle. Lastly, do you keep the rollbar extension all the time? I presume the top does not clear it. I know....lots of questions but you have done most of the mods I have been considering and inquiring minds want to know!!
Peter S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #13
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Some answers...

I'm short, so I have no problem with leg room. Since the Evo seat back is so thin, I think it would give you a bit more leg room than the stock seat when it is pushed all the way back. The rake of the seat can be statically adjusted during installation. A more vertical position would give you a bit more leg room.

In order to install the seat, you need a set of sliders from Sparco, as well as floor pan adapters and side mounts from Brey Krause. Theoretically, the pieces all bolt together and then the assembly bolts into the original 4 holes in the floor pan using the stock bolts. In practice, a little modification was necessary. The sliders must be shortened and I also found that I needed to enlarge the rear holes in the floor pan adapters. A Dremel tool took care of both operations. I would rate the difficulty of the install as "medium" and figure it should take about 4 hours. If you decide to go ahead with this seat, I can send you some more information with the specific part numbers needed. I could even give you a hand with the install if you are in the area.

I bought an extra seat belt buckle which solves all the electrical problems and allows the stock belt to be used on the street. With the appropriate bolts and washers, the buckle can be mounted to an existing hole on the Sparco seat. The wire from the buckle plugs into one end of the wiring harness for the seat. Once this is done, the air bag light will not come on. It is very important to keep the key out of the ignition until the buckle is plugged back into the wiring harness. Otherwise, the airbag light will come on and you will need to visit a shop with the Porsche System Tester to turn it off.

When using the race harness, the seat belt light comes on, but this is not a big deal.

The top does clear the roll bar extension. These days I leave it on all the time. However, once you are familiar with it, it can be installed or removed in about 15 minutes.
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2021, 04:34 AM   #14
daniyal11

daniyal

RBSE 10th Model Paper 2021 Here provides Department of Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE) is Conducted Secondary Education 10th & Praveshika Students those who are going to Preparing Ajmer 10th public exams march 2021 can download RBSE 10th Question Paper 2021 and Raj Praveshika Question Paper 2021RBSE 10th Question Paper 2021
in Official Website rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in, you stack of RBSE Board 10th Model Question Paper which comprises of Previous year Question Paper Rajasthan Academic Council is also known as the Directorate of Government Examinations students can enhance their preparation Ajmer 10th Model Paper 2021 in examination point of view Public Examination tests will be Conducted with New Syllabus in all Private and Government College Previous RBSE 10th Blueprint Here Available They are Given Below.
daniyal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2021, 05:44 AM   #15
WilburnKutch

The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. slilpp.ws tor
WilburnKutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2021, 11:55 PM   #16
daniyal11

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. Itís so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
sa gaming
Old February 2nd, 2021, 11:10 PM   #17
daniyal11

daniyal

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. Itís so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! slilpp.ws tor

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman