Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Mdreiver

I just wanna pipe in to represent the other perspective. As you said, the Tubi provided a nice burble at idle, a wonderfully zoomy character in over-run, and the great scream at high revs. If that's the case, my perspective on the exhaust would be...

1) If the neighbors hear you, they'll just be glad you're in a Porsche rather than a Harley. Your car is quieter (even with a Tubi) and you don't have timing issues that beg for someone to lend you a screwdriver.
2) The resonance at certain RPMs is just a reminder to drive the car in a spirited manner. A gentle poke on the shoulder to remind you that you might be able to go to work slowly on $5 worth of gas. And it might cost $6 if you have fun. But one could argue that the $6 is money better spent than the $5 would have been. And they're both a measly sum compared to what you paid for the car in the first place.

Whatever makes you happy, though.
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #12
The Voxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdreiver View Post
I just wanna pipe in...

No pun intended, right?

Hear The Future
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #13
Mdreiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voxster View Post
No pun intended, right?
Some say my loudest exhaust is between my nose and chin. I've got a million of 'em. Nyuck nyuck
Old August 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #14
Snaxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voxster View Post
No pun intended, right?
Ah, you be me to it, Voxster. Hahaha!

Snaxster
Snaxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #15
Snaxster

Hi, Mdreiver. Points taken, thanks. As for 2, my concern was that I shouldn't be forced to rev higher, select a lower gear, etc. Another way of thinking of it is that I didn't think I should be punished by the car each time I wanted to simply cruise.

I know I'm not unusual in liking the Boxster for its versatility. It isn't too focused in any one area: it is well-mannered enough to be a daily driven street car, it is exhilarating when pushed to or near its limits, and it offers plenty of fun in-between its extremes. A flexible engine; always-linear brake response; excellent ergonomics; beautiful engine sounds; effective yet unimposing amenities... what's not to like?

Well, when I added the Tubi to my Boxster that mix, that balance, was greatly diminished.

I briefly considered the Porsche Sports Exhaust as an alternative, but decided it wouldn't give me the traits I liked best in the Tubi, and that I couldn't justify the expense.

As of today, I remain happy with the stock exhaust!

Best,

Snaxster
Snaxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2021, 03:09 AM   #16
kainan

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? Iíve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Entry level pharmaceutical sales training education
kainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2021, 12:15 AM   #17
creatorseolink

먹튀

Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. 먹튀
creatorseolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:10 PM   #18
creatorseolink

best pre workout for women

Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. best pre workout for women
Old February 20th, 2021, 01:47 AM   #19
creatorseolink

accident lawyers

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. accident lawyers
Old February 21st, 2021, 12:58 AM   #20
creatorseolink

playamo

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. playamo

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman