Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 29th, 2002, 12:47 PM   #1
Howard Graff in London

TBHL V Ė where are the crowds this year?...

I donít get it with TBHL this year. Why havenít people booked? Boy! Iím going to miss a lot of my good friends.

In each of the past two years there have been about 200 people, give or take, and we have had a great time. TBHL is one of the highlights of my year, (coming a close second to both my annual colonic irrigation session and my ritual de-lousing, both of which youíll be pleased to hear I get over and done with before I fly out.) This year there are only 60 people who have booked TBHL despite many more visitors to this board and PPBB and many more Boxsters having been sold.

I havenít done a full audit, but it seems that out of the regulars and the past board celebs Magic Mountain Dan hasnít booked yet, nor Chuck or Skyler or my sweetheart Anne Jones (who usually insists on bringing her husband Brent ) or many others. Sure there have been some small board feuds in the past Ė slight arguments now and again, but thatís no reason to miss TBHL! Life is too short.

I have honestly made some of my best friends through this board after following up initial contact here with meeting people face to face at TBHL and elsewhere. I now have firm friends in Oklahoma, San Diego and other West Coast places. As an example, in a week or soís time, Kevin Christiansen is coming to London to sample my wifeís cooking. (See! Kevin is such a close friend he is even willing to risk his life to see me.)

Joking apart, I just donít get it. I know that people who have been to TBHL before have complained that it is in the same venue again or that they donít like Vegas anyway. How irrelevant! Itís the people that make the weekend swing!

As an example, last year I arrived a few days early and was playing some blackjack (a few of us TBHLíer like to play blackjack quite seriously) and a few minutes later, a pal from half-way around the world came over to say hi. MMD and I had met the previous year, and it was just great to see him again. Dan is a big friendly sort of chap and like many others, is happy to chat. The people on this board really exist!

So what gives? Fine, if you can think of a better thing to do from 3rd May then do it. Otherwise, book to be in Vegas. It is just a really fun thing to do!

Iíve had my say.

Howard
Old March 29th, 2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Paul in CA

Low turn out at the Carrera Camp also

Hey Howard:

Over here at the CFG 996 Board, the turn out is not great neither. We only have 15 people on our side. It is first ever event though.

How many people have you guys signed up yet. I saw 60 people and 30 Boxsters on a TBHL website. That's not too bad.

May be we can join up the Boxster and the Carrera group at some point and have a Porsche run.

Paul in CA
Old March 29th, 2002, 10:41 PM   #3
Tool Pants

So what gives?

Tell me why I should do this?

Jeff, San Jose
Old March 29th, 2002, 11:07 PM   #4
Gary (Redwood Shores)

To see if my bumper stays on all the way there and back *NM*

Old February 9th, 2021, 02:19 AM   #5
kainan

Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking. CNPR Pharmaceutical Sales Education
kainan is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman