Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 17th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #11
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

We've had some cold lately, but nothing like you see routinely! I prefer 4 wheels under me when it's below freezing!
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #12
Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - San Carlos
We've had some cold lately, but nothing like you see routinely! I prefer 4 wheels under me when it's below freezing!

I wish I had your weather right about now. Last night was -13 (-25C). I won't be driving my Boxster for a few more months.
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #13
Mdreiver

I've been at 80mph in sub freezing temps but I had one extra step that you didn't list... "heated seats on high".

With a jacket, windows up, seats and heater on high, there is never a temperature related reason to drive under a roof.
Old January 17th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #14
psl

one other suggestion for tops down driving...wear your cap backwards...the brim stops the wind going down your back even at freeway speeds...
psl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #15
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdreiver
I've been at 80mph in sub freezing temps but I had one extra step that you didn't list... "heated seats on high".

With a jacket, windows up, seats and heater on high, there is never a temperature related reason to drive under a roof.
I don't have them!!! ... thought I won't need them living in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by psl
one other suggestion for tops down driving...wear your cap backwards...the brim stops the wind going down your back even at freeway speeds...
That's exactly what I do, though didn't want to admit in public to that . Since I don't wear caps typically, I use the one my dealer gave with the car. Probably look like a total poser with a backwards Porsche cap on.

I find it very helpful on cold evening as well (in the summer) - specially since I take off my windstop permanently.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #16
Westcoaster

Well so with all of the suggestions now all I have to do is wait for the snow to melt so I can test the theories!

I live north west of Seattle in Canada, we don't normally get any snow where I am, but this year has been exceptionally cold to the car has been trucked safely away in the garage.

The other concern about the snow, I have summer only tires, the last time I tried these in the white stuff traction was basically non-existent!
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #17
psl

yeh...I live in Kelowna, which for you bay area types is the Napa Valley of Canada, except it snowed about a foot last night, and still coming down...great for skiing...lousy for tops down cruisin.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #18
Mdreiver

I'm having heated pads installed custom Exige type racing seats for my Elise. I needed the seats in my Box and the Box had a way better heater. When I see the finished product, I'm sure I'll post results, impression, and pix. I'm having the work done in LA so if it's a good job, chances are you could make your way down there to get yours done too.
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #19
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Well so with all of the suggestions now all I have to do is wait for the snow to melt so I can test the theories!

I live north west of Seattle in Canada, we don't normally get any snow where I am, but this year has been exceptionally cold to the car has been trucked safely away in the garage.

The other concern about the snow, I have summer only tires, the last time I tried these in the white stuff traction was basically non-existent!
We live just South of the border in Blaine. I have Winter tires, but even our snow lately has been too much! These were take over a month apart.

Peter Schwarzenbauer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...arBoxster2.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #20
Westcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
We live just South of the border in Blaine. I have Winter tires, but even our snow lately has been too much! These were take over a month apart.
Yuch!, that looks way too cold for top down driving unless you are part polar bear! Uncle Bob, you should be open those garage doors and tuck them babies inside too!

Here is a picture of the recent snow for us in Victoria, this was taken at work the day the snow started, I made it home fine but not into the garage, the slight hill on my driveway meant that I had to shovel for a few hours to finally get my car inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Boxster Christmas 026.JPG  
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman