Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Porsche Boxster 2008

Kelyess Remote Entry Don't Work

Hi everyone, Im new to this and not really sure how this works, but I have a question and was hoping to get some help from anyone. I have a brand new 2008 Boxster (base model) and both remotes for the keyless entry don't work. I have to manually unlock the door and put the key in the ignition within 10 seconds otherwise the alarm will ring. Once the key is in, I am able to start the car without any problems. I know that the ignition is able to acknowledge the chip within the key because the car starts! so why won't the doors unlock when I press the button on the key? I changed the batteries and that didn't work. I even did the sequence that is recommended in the owners manual and that didn't work. The car is presently at the dealership and they can't figure out what the problem is. Does anyone know of a solution?? Thanks for your help.
Porsche Boxster 2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #2
ppbon

If neither one of the remotes works, my suspicion would be the black box (under the seat) or its wiring harness.
If the car has gotten wet (open window, clogged drain, etc) that could damage the Central Locking Unit (black box). It has its own fuse, but I'd suspect that the dealer would check that first.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
The "chip" in the key to activate the starter is completely independent from the remote.

Come visit: www.PedrosGarage.com
ppbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman