Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 27th, 2001, 07:22 PM   #1
Tool Pants

Who had the basic boxster with 1 option

On the Mt. Diablo run? Sorry but I forgot your name. Was there an alarm system on this car?, since it had no other options other than the wheels.

Want to file this in my photo albums.

He also had an early generation bra and Patrick's sills.

Since I'm not into the color thing, it was some kind of red.

Thanks.

Jeff

Old April 27th, 2001, 07:29 PM   #2
Tool Pants

And the blue car with the rear parking sensors? *NM*

Old April 28th, 2001, 12:45 AM   #3
Steve

Re: Who had the basic boxster with 1 option

That would have been mine. No alarm, remote locking etc. The paint is Arena Red. (So I guess that makes it 2 options.)
-Steve
Old April 28th, 2001, 07:56 AM   #4
BerryS

^5 Steve

Hey there Steve, you and I must think alike.

On my '00 2.7 AS/GG/GG, I specified only 3 options:

Arctic Silver Paint
Graphite Grey Floor Mats
In-Dash CD Player

I then purchased 18" Turbo Looks from a PPBB member. Dang, and I thought I had the most basic Boxster around
Old April 28th, 2001, 05:53 PM   #5
BerryS

Picture of my "basic" car *NM*

Old April 28th, 2001, 07:57 PM   #6
Wind

Re: And the blue car with the rear parking sensors?

Ohh that's my S. Gotta ditch all those Carlsen ads...
Old April 29th, 2001, 11:20 AM   #7
Jay in SF

two options....

you got the windstop right?

i had to get mine later on. its a necessity, try and get it if you still can berrys; it really beats driving with one hand holding on to your hat.
Old April 29th, 2001, 12:00 PM   #8
Tool Pants

I bet Steve added the windstop after delivery like Jay did

On Berry's car I do not see the mounts on the roll bars for the plastic window, so I guess he does not wear a hat when he drives.

Here is Jay's car on the Mt Ham run with the windstop kit that was added after delivery.

Jeff Lopez

Old April 29th, 2001, 04:58 PM   #9
BerryS

Wow you guys are really observant

Jeff you're correct, I didn't get the windstop. Quite frankly, I'm happy to have my ample head of hair tussled by wind whipped up by my Boxster. Heck, one day I'm going to lament NOT having enough hair to mess up

To be honest, a friend of mine gave me his windstop/roll bar inserts (he totalled his Boxster during a DE and removed these items for me). However, it seems that one needs to drill into the rollbar to mount the lexan insert (something I'm not comfortable doing).

BerryS
Old April 29th, 2001, 09:02 PM   #10
Tool Pants

Re: Wow you guys are really observant

It is not that hard to add the windstop after the fact. Yes you do need to drill a very small hole on each roll bar so you can pop rivet the side mounts. The lower center mount is pop riveted to the back of the middle roll bar padding, not to the roll bar itself.

Come out from Chicago, the windy city, and the Babblers will put it in for you. Steve Choy put the windstop in after the fact himself.

This is Tony's car at the West Coast BoxsterFest. Dan took off the roll bar padding for a V1 install. Tony did not order the windstop, but had the holes in the roll bar for the mount. The center mount bracket which is made of plastic had been broken off from the middle roll bar padding. So his car was built with a windstop (also had the storage box and not a net) but the dealer deleted the option. Very strange, and Tony knew nothing about it.

I tried to take a picture of the driver's side roll bar on Tony's car to show the hole for the pop rivet but the detail did not come out.

Jeff Lopez

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman