Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 18th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #1
BikeRider

Bike rack

Any recommendation and experience on bike rack on Boxster? How much and where you get them? How noise is it? For the Porsche RTS pillars left on winshield and door when the bars are removed, can you still convert? Does it rattle? Can you order rack matching your paint? Have anyone tried rear mounted rack, like from BirdAutomotive.com or Will? (Rear mount rack scrached my other sedan by its hook and pivot-support bar)

Hi Boxsterian!
Old August 19th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #2
Trygve Isaacson

About the Porsche RTS...

The Porsche RTS is OK and works as advertised. The drawbacks are that it is a little bit complicated to install and remove, and is pretty noisy unless you're using it with the hard top. And it is pretty expensive. But you can carry bikes and skis etc., use it top-up or top-down or with hard top. See the link below for lots more info. I think if I had to do it over again, I would look into one of the alternatives like the one Yoseif's got (I think it's a "Wilwood"?)...but the RTS is OK.

For your specific questions -- a) order from Porsche dealer. b) very noisy unless using hard top. c) you can leave the a-pillar brackets on, or take them off. easiest to just leave on. d) does not rattle. e) comes in silvery-gray color. I painted the a-pillar brackets to match my car color.

Porsche RTS Info

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman