Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 2nd, 2001, 06:51 AM   #1
Spence in San Jose

Where does this go? 996.521.317.00

As I was leaving the detail day, I found this part at my feet. It is either from under the dash or under the driver's seat. Well, at least I know it came from the driver's side of the cockpit. It is a black ABS plastic piece that has two clips on the inside. It looks like it slides into something to clip into place.

Thanks,

Spence
Falling Apart '01 AS/GG/BK
Old October 2nd, 2001, 07:48 AM   #2
Catalog Guy

Sounds like it goes on the end of the set rail

There are 2 black plastic "caps" under each seat that snap into the front of the seat rails. If one fell off, then you should be able to easily spot the rail without the cap. It is possible that with all the detailing activity it was somehow pulled off. However, that is not a common occurence as those clips can bea pain to remove by hand! There is a little tab that you can push with a screwdriver to ease their removal, but it should snap right back on.

Andrew
Old October 2nd, 2001, 09:57 AM   #3
Spence in San Jose

I think I got it

I went out to test out what you said Andrew, but this is different from the endcaps.

There are two metal tabs under the front of the seat. I believe that this 10" piece of plastic attaches to that. The weird thing is, the passenger side does not have the same plastic piece. Does anybody else have this? I have power seats, if that makes a difference.

I would be willing to bet that if you put a fire extinguisher in your car, it would attach to these metal tabs.

Spence
'01 AS/GG/BK
Old October 2nd, 2001, 10:41 AM   #4
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Sounds like it's the piece that

is sort of pillow shaped that goes under the front of the seat. It appears to attach to the upper portion. Although I didn't remove mine to verify this as I didn't have enough light. My guess is that it probably just snaps on like most of the other interior pieces. If it's busted then it would likely be covered under warranty.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 11:39 AM   #5
Sandy

You've got it...

I removed it from my driver's-side power seat awhile back to get to the connectors on the memory seat control unit. I wrote down the part no. before putting it back. Both seats had the part, I remember from vacuuming in the area. However, a couple of months after I had my car in for its second airbag light fix, I discovered it was gone from the passenger's side!! When I went in for my last service I told the writer the situation and said I expect it to be put on the next time I come in, without charge!

Have you had airbag light work done on your car recently!!??

BTW, it's very easy to bust one of those plastic tabs either putting it on, or taking it off, can't remember which... I know!!
Old October 3rd, 2001, 09:34 AM   #6
Spence in San Jose

Have I had airbag light work done on my car? How about 5 times *NM*

Old October 3rd, 2001, 09:52 AM   #7
Sandy

Well, now you know who to hit up for that hunk of plastic!! *NM*

Old August 24th, 2020, 03:02 AM   #8
Brooke Neumayer

In the cars, some mats are used especially for the placement under the driving seat. In order to get the reviews about this, just visit killer papers and you will be able to see the other’s opinions about it.
Brooke Neumayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.