Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #1
wupe

Help! Open front trunk with no battery!

2003 boxster 2.7. Yesterday I took out my old battery to replace with a new one, but when I came back home with my new battery, I have realized I have closed the front trunk( I wasn't thinking right!). Now I have no battery in my car and can't open my front trunk, pls help!!!
wupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #2
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wupe View Post
2003 boxster 2.7. Yesterday I took out my old battery to replace with a new one, but when I came back home with my new battery, I have realized I have closed the front trunk( I wasn't thinking right!). Now I have no battery in my car and can't open my front trunk, pls help!!!
I'm probably going to take grief for this here as I may be wrong but there should be an emergency release cable in the passenger side wheel well. That's the possible good news, the bad news is if there is one, on the 2003, you may have to remove the wheel then remove the plastic lining in the wheel well to get to it. Try unscrewing the plastic lining first and see if you can pull it out enough to see the release cable. Once the plastic wheel well lining is removed, or pulled back enough, you should see the metal cable in the upper portion of the fender when looking towards the front of the car. Here's a tip if you have that cable. Once your hood is open and you have your battery issue resolved remove the passenger side head light and you'll easily see the cable. Pull the cable out and re-route it so it sticks out behind the front bumper cover for the towing hook. If this ever happens again all you need to do is pop the towing hook cover off and there's you emergency release cable.
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #3
wupe

WOW!! Sounds very difficult for a man even screwed up a battery replacement. I will call for a flatbed truck in the morning. Many thanks for the input!
wupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #4
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wupe View Post
WOW!! Sounds very difficult for a man even screwed up a battery replacement. I will call for a flatbed truck in the morning. Many thanks for the input!
wupe here's some other methods.
http://sites.google.com/site/mikefoc...rbatteryisdead

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman