Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 11th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #1
dsulu

front trunk latch switch

A front trunk latch switch question;

How can you tell if the front trunk latch switch for a 98 boxster is bad?

* The front trunk light doesn't come on, even after replacement. Is it an indication?

* Whenever I turn the key to lock door/activate alarm, I would hear one beep sound, from the threads posted here at the forum, there is an open circuit or bad connection some where. Is it another indication?

* once the latch switch is taken out, how do you determine it is defective?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated
dsulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

You should be able to put a meter across the switch to see if it's working or not as the wiring diagram is pretty simple. The switch feeds the light directly and also goes directly to the alarm system control unit. The only thing intervening is the harness connector. I guess if that got corroded it could cause a problem but that seems pretty unlikely.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman