Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM   #1
offshore

Disappointing Porsche Showing At SF Auto Show

After living in NorCal for six years I finally got around to seeing the San Francisco International Auto Show for the first time and of course the exhibit I most wanted to see was the Porsche one. It was the first exhibit I went looking for and one of the last I found due to it being stuck back in a corner with a Porsche sign that could only be seen when looking straight on at the back wall. Represented was a white Carrera GTS, a Panamera, a Cayenne and a Cayman R, no Boxsters. All the cars were locked and the Porsche rep, who was on a cell phone the whole time I was there, would rush over and stare at anyone who touched one of the cars. It was the shabbiest exhibit there and a terrible disappointment to see a show of this stature not have Porsches full line up represented and a rep who appeared to be interested in being anywhere but there. The rest of the show was well represented by all the other manufacturers who included their full model lineup, had flashy eye catching displays, active and lively reps answering questions and encouraging visitors to sit in their cars. In some fairness the real exotics were locked and the Bentleys roped off but at least their exhibits were lively and interesting. Although disappointed in Porsche I did enjoy the rest of the show.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk