Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Velofan

Smile South Bay mechanic-- Flintworks

Hi fellow Babblers,

In case it helps I share my recent experience installing on my 2000 986 the OBC fourth stalk controller. Alden Flint at Flintworks did an excellent job. He knew exactly what to do, gave me a detailed and very competitive price quote by e-mail, and did the job while I waited.

I highly recommend Flintworks, and will be taking my Boxster there from now on.
Velofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #2
threesacharm

I agree. Alden and his shop did an excellent job recently servicing my 996 Turbo.
Last year he serviced my 986 Boxster, and both cars run like new now! I highly recommend Flintworks!
threesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Peer

Yep, earlier today (Monday) I had my 986 worked on by Alden & Flintworks -- had them install a new control arm (and they also discovered a 3" nail in my rear tire that was pulled & fixed for free). Alden -- my super hero.

-- peer
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #4
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Alden is the best. I am hoping to upgrade my suspension at some point, Alden will be my installer of choice!
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #5
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - San Carlos View Post
Alden is the best. I am hoping to upgrade my suspension at some point, Alden will be my installer of choice!
Going ROW or PSS9 or...?
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #6
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Going ROW or PSS9 or...?
Not sure, Joanie & I just got back from the Caribbean, so funds are a bit tight at the moment. What did you put on yours and how do you like it?
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #7
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - San Carlos View Post
Not sure, Joanie & I just got back from the Caribbean, so funds are a bit tight at the moment. What did you put on yours and how do you like it?
I put the ROW M030 Sport and love it. A third the price of PSS9's and since I don't race anymore I don't need an adjustable system. The first thing I noticed after the install is how much more responsive the car is on the road with much less body roll. The other issue I was having with the old suspension is that any bumps or potholes in the road were transmitted up through the seat and into my back. Although the ROW is stiffer the suspension now absorbs all the road conditions and I'm able to drive much longer.
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #8
hotrod356

Hi Ron,

does the ROW M030 lower the ride height at all? I was thinking about the Pss9 route as well, but I just got a crazy old Volvo that's In need of a my wallet and ? Does Alden work on P1800's.....
hotrod356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #9
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod356 View Post
Hi Ron,

does the ROW M030 lower the ride height at all? I was thinking about the Pss9 route as well, but I just got a crazy old Volvo that's In need of a my wallet and ? Does Alden work on P1800's.....
Yes ROW lowers about an inch all the way around.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman