Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 13th, 2002, 08:46 PM   #1
Clayton in Walnut Creek

rough idle...turns out to be a defective MAS

I brought the 2000 S (~18,000 miles) in to get a few things looked at - front end wobble - rebalanced and cured; windshield spray not working - reattached hose and cured; looked at the sensor and found the wire to be work or something along those lines - told me the sensor would arrive in a couple of weeks. No charge for the other work and they did a minor seat repair too.

Gotta like the guys at Stead Porsche .
Old November 13th, 2002, 09:41 PM   #2
Tool Pantsİ

There was a new style airflow sensor that came out in 2000

We call it the MAS but Porsche calls it the HMF - hot film mass air flow sensor. New design is less sensitive to "dirt particles" and I always wondered if it would help with the aftermarket oiled air filters. This is for 2.7 and 3.2. When was your car built?

Us 2.5 owners got nothing.

Pic is not your part.

Jeff

Old November 14th, 2002, 08:44 AM   #3
Clayton in Walnut Creek

My S was built in April or May in the Finland facility

I can't remember which codes on the VIN designate the build date, but I picked it up in Socal in June and it was delivered about 3 weeks prior to that.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman