Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 19th, 2002, 04:05 PM   #1
karlooz

HELP!!! water in the cabin!

i've been getting tons of water under the carpet behind the driver side seat. i pulled up the carpet and it was absolutely soaked up until the seat rails. the other day i managed to prop up the carpet above the floor and after driving around in our recent storms, water has been pooling up taking a coulpe of towels to soak it all up. i dont think its the top becase water deosn collect after the car has been sitting in the rain.

anyone have an idea where my leak is coming from?
Old December 19th, 2002, 04:25 PM   #2
Mark S(Sunnyvale)

Maybe the drain in the back is blocked?

Put your top in service position and you'll see drain holes on both sides. Check to make sure it isn't blocked. Mine was pretty bad.
Old December 19th, 2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Tool Pantsİ

Re: HELP!!! water in the cabin!

Like Mark said, you need to keep the drains tubes clear of debris. You can see the passenger side tube in the middle of the picture.

Then you need to go to Babbler's events as I check the drain tubes when I meet someone who does not know better.

Old December 19th, 2002, 05:10 PM   #4
karlooz

THX guys! i'll check when i get home! nm *NM*

Old December 19th, 2002, 05:51 PM   #5
karlooz

i know, i know...

... i need to go to the events but i am the procrastination king! one of these days though....

one thing, water starts collecting WHILE im driving but desnt when its stationary. any thoughts? can the drain holes still be the culprit?

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman