Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 27th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #1
ACD

factory short shift option?

The Boxster we just got has option code "241" listed under the hood. The only search that came up for this was "shorter shift travel" but never with a direct reference to the Boxster. I'm curious as to whether a short shift kit was a factory option on the Boxster and whether my car actually has this or code "241" is something totally different. Thanks.
ACD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Dr. Zoom

Based on an earlier post it appears you have a 2001. If so then it's definitely not a factory short shift as they weren't available on Boxsters for that model year. Perhaps it's an 'internal' Porsche code that doesn't map to a cutomer option. If you don't get a definite answer here you might also try over at renntech.org.
Dr. Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman