Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 31st, 2005, 04:39 PM   #1
lswjth2

Angry water behind both seats on the floor

Hello. I am a new boxster owner. I have a 2000 boxster s that i recently purchased. The other day when i got in the car i noticed a very humid smell. I noticed that the floor behind both seats were wet. I took out the rear panel carpeting and did not find any water there but the floor behind the seats on both sides did have water. Any idea how the water might have gotten there? I know for a fact its not coolant, and i do see the ac dripping out the bottom. Is there supposed to be some plugs back there? any ideas are greatly appreciated it...thxs rick
lswjth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:45 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

You need to check the drains on both sides to make sure they are clean. To check the drains raise the clamshell and look for leaves and other debris which might be blocking the drains. The drains are located toward the front of the recessed area and water should flow freely through them. If it backs up then it can overflow into the interior of the vehicle. If that's not the problem there are a few other possibilities but my guess is it's one or more clogged drains.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:26 PM   #3
lswjth2

water behind seats

Thxs Tom. I did find some debris in the drain area. I vacuumed them out and made sure the drains are not clogged.I bought the car a week ago. When i bought it, it had no smell. We took the car and it was raining for about a half hour or so, then we put the top down after it had stopped raining. Then i noticed the smell yesterday about three days after we drove the car home. There was a considerable amount of water on the rear of Both seats..Thank you very much for your help...Rick
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Tom M
Site Founder

This is one of those "out of sight out of mind" type of things. I periodically check mine as I park the car outside quite a bit and we've got tons of leaves where we are. It's so bad that I need to clean the gutters 2-3 times each year or the house drains get clogged up too.

I check the drains on the car each time I lube the seals since I've got the clamshell up anyway. Just find a schedule that works for you and things should be fine. There are drains in the front of the car in the area of the battery compartment that you may want to check as well.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:46 PM   #5
lswjth2

water behind seats

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate the help...Rick

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman