|Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman|
|June 17th, 2001, 02:48 PM||#2|
My directions on how to post pictures
These are the directions on how you used to do it. I'm sure it's still very similar but you should note that things on PhotoPoint have changed (the design and their model - they now charge if you have X number of pictures posted there).
Also, I'm posting this here because they still don't want me back on the "other board." I've deleted reference to that board so you can use these directions to post pictures here.
Here's how it used to be done...
I usePhotoPoint for two reasons, (1) itís easy to use and (2) I find it much easier to use than Zing (which I also use and I still find it harder to use).
Note: to post pictures on the Boxster Board (orother boards) youíll need to save pictures to PhotoPoint (or Zing) first and then youíll get a URL (Uniform Resource Locator some call it a Web address)that you can paste into the Optional Image URL window.
By the way, this process is not difficult and certainly not as complex as the length of these instructions would make you think (takes a lot of words to describe asimple process).
So, go to www.PhotoPoint.com and click on: Getting Started With PhotoPoint (itís in the orange area at the top of the page). Or you can go directly to: http://www.photopoint.com/help/intro.htmland
go to: Create My Account
Create an account and then:
1. Go to your PhotoPoint album - log in and hen click on Upload Ė there are a variety of ways to upload pictures to your albums; I usually do it by Browsing For Photos that I've saved to my hard drive. Youíll see that you can have multiple albums (Boxster albums, family albums, etc., and you can rename them and add comments to each picture). You also can send friends and family to your PhotoPoint albums so they can see your pictures. Itís REALLY easy to explain it to them: send them to www.PhotoPoint.com and then they
need to enter YOUR e-mail address!
2. Once the pictures have been uploaded to your PhotoPoint album - the ictures are in your Incoming Pictures file so you'll need to move them into the photo album of your choice. You do that simply by:
3. Select the picture or pictures (put an X in the box for each picture or you can move all of them at once) and MOVE THEM to one or more of your photo albums
4. Once you've moved them to one of your albums, go to that album
5. Double click on the picture you want to post (link to) on the BABBLERS Board it opens up in a large size. Once it opens up large, it'll give you a long URL (Web address for that picture) underneath the picture.
6. Sweep the entire URL (select it - highlight it), then right mouse click on it to COPY the URL.
7. Go to the BABBLERS Board and reply to a post or post a new message. With that new message open, paste the URL you've copied into the
Optional Image URL window.
8. Once you've typed your message, subject and pasted the URL in the Optional Image URL window, hit Preview Message so you can see the picture and read/check your post.
9. If you're happy with it, click post to post it to the board
10. Itís so cool Ė now your friends and family to go to the Boxster Board to see your post/pictures!
Let me know how this works for you. Good luck!
PS: you can see all my PhotoPoint albums by:
1. goto www.PhotoPoint.com
2. enter my e-mail address: DanF@aol.com
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pictures for our pre drive today...had a blast!||RobynC||Boxster / Cayman||4||October 7th, 2003 10:19 AM|
|Want to post East Bay Drive pictures....||Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)||Boxster / Cayman||2||July 22nd, 2002 10:29 PM|
|Need switch pictures||Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)||Boxster / Cayman||2||July 16th, 2002 01:31 PM|
|Toys for Tots pictures||Tom M (Sunol, CA)||Boxster / Cayman||22||December 13th, 2001 02:14 PM|
|Some more pictures from Thunderhill have been posted||Tom M (Sunol, CA)||Boxster / Cayman||3||July 12th, 2001 01:55 PM|