Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #1
pcsmith

Cayman Rear Brakes

A friend of mine has a 2006 Cayman that sees a lot of track time. The car has PSM and PASM along with the Sport Chrons options. He had 20+ track day's last year in the stock format without any brake problems.

Earlier this year he replaced the OEM springs with HR springs - lowering the car about an inch all the way around.

After a trip to Road America his rear calipers started turning purple. He started going through rear brake pads faster that fronts (Hawk HPS's then HT10's). At the end of half-hour sessions his rear calipers had a higher temp than the fronts. He had to have the calipers replace under warranty.

We thought that the PSM was some how kicking on and riding the rear brakes - so we told him to turn the PSM off. No change - at the end of a session the rear calipers were still hotter than the front's.

I have a 2000 Boxter S - No PSM, No PASM. When I finish a session my front calipers have clearly been doing the job of stopping the car.

Anybody got any thoughts about why this Cayman is relying on the rear brakes to stop the car.
pcsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #2
boxs2000

I heard that some of the newer cars with PSM and PASM takes a special application when lowering them. I remember that many people that had these options were so happy when the PSS9 suspension kit came out with an application for cars with these options. I'm not really sure exactly what the issues were,but I would start there. If I remember correctly I read it on 6speedonline.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman