Porsche Babblers

Porsche Babblers (http://babblers.org/porsche-boxster-cayman-forums.php)
-   Boxster / Cayman (http://babblers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ignition switch (http://babblers.org/showthread.php?t=12808)

Jeanne T July 15th, 2013 02:41 PM

ignition switch

The thrill of victory: with the help of this forum and Pedro's garage, I figured out I needed a new ignition switch, and where to get the Audi version. I installed it with only a few bad words thinking that I might be the first grandmother to do that. Agony of defeat: It didn't work, and the key wouldn't move so I had to call my son. He took less than a second to realize that I had locked the steering wheel (in my many trips under the dashboard I used the wheel to pull myself out.) Doh! But then it worked...

mikefocke July 15th, 2013 06:23 PM

Congrats. Not many grandmothers are that supple.

baxter July 16th, 2013 04:50 AM

seriously, i am so impressed...........nice job

offshore July 16th, 2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne T (Post 64723)
The thrill of victory: with the help of this forum and Pedro's garage, I figured out I needed a new ignition switch, and where to get the Audi version. I installed it with only a few bad words thinking that I might be the first grandmother to do that. Agony of defeat: It didn't work, and the key wouldn't move so I had to call my son. He took less than a second to realize that I had locked the steering wheel (in my many trips under the dashboard I used the wheel to pull myself out.) Doh! But then it worked...

Great job! Now please tell us where you got the Audi switch that works. Was it less expensive than the Porsche one?

Jeanne T July 16th, 2013 08:48 AM

4A0 905 849 B, is the parts number for pre 2004. I ordered it from eBay, Partscontainer. It was $28. Other auto stores carry it, but I didn't want to run all over probably in Reno. Pedro's diy instructions are crystal clear. Thanks for the kind words.

offshore July 16th, 2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne T (Post 64727)
4A0 905 849 B, is the parts number for pre 2004. I ordered it from eBay, Partscontainer. It was $28. Other auto stores carry it, but I didn't want to run all over probably in Reno. Pedro's diy instructions are crystal clear. Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks Jeanne T. Now, are you single?:D

Jeanne T July 16th, 2013 11:50 AM

As a matter of fact, I am.

offshore July 16th, 2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne T (Post 64729)
As a matter of fact, I am.

;)

BoxsterBob - San Carlos July 23rd, 2013 09:35 AM

I replaced mine a few years ago and at 6'2" 220lbs, there were quite a few swear words uttered. I could not find a screw driver where I could apply enough pressure and rotate to get out the tiny set screw. I finally fashioned the, "Titleist Driver" - I drilled a hole in a golf ball and epoxied a small flat head driver bit in the hole. That did the trick.

BoxsterBob - San Carlos July 23rd, 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offshore (Post 64730)
;)

Perhaps we need to start BABBLERS S - Bay Area Boxster Board ListERS for Singles ;)