Porsche Babblers

Porsche Babblers (http://babblers.org/porsche-boxster-cayman-forums.php)
-   Drives and Meetups (http://babblers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fall Car Care Day??? (http://babblers.org/showthread.php?t=11238)

echoboy August 14th, 2009 08:54 AM

Fall Car Care Day???

Hi,

Just joined the forum. One of the members had posted on the CaymanClub forum about the famous Car Care Day that the Babblers host, and I wondered if anyone knows when the one in the Fall might happen. Does anyone know? It's nice to see another friendly Porsche-phile forum.

Cheers,

Jim

The Voxster August 14th, 2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoboy (Post 56909)
Hi,

Just joined the forum. One of the members had posted on the CaymanClub forum about the famous Car Care Day that the Babblers host, and I wondered if anyone knows when the one in the Fall might happen. Does anyone know? It's nice to see another friendly Porsche-phile forum.

Cheers,

Jim

Workin on it... stay tuned for dates. Probably some time in mid Sept or early Oct.

echoboy September 1st, 2009 11:59 AM

Not to bug you Voxster, but any updates from Fremont Porsche about the Fall Car Care Day?

The Voxster September 3rd, 2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoboy (Post 57132)
Not to bug you Voxster, but any updates from Fremont Porsche about the Fall Car Care Day?

Nope... Not yet, but I will follow up with them. Thanks for the reminder :)

echoboy September 3rd, 2009 03:13 PM

Thank YOU for doing this! It's much appreciated by all.

Jim

flintworks September 9th, 2009 03:57 PM

Last time I talked to Gunter they weren't going to do a car care day this year because it wasn't very profitable. However, I would be happy to host one at my shop in Campbell. How about Saturday September 26th? $99 oil changes and $75 brake fluid flushes. We'll start at 9am, do some grilling, drink some soda and maybe even BEER...for some of you. PM, email, or call me to schedule your appointment.

Edit: I'll start a new thread for this event

echoboy September 11th, 2009 12:04 PM

sounds good! count me in!! and THANKS!

Tom M September 11th, 2009 02:13 PM

Thanks for the offer.

Just a heads up though that this is still being worked on and nothing has been decided one way or the other as far as the event happening at PoF.

maxodus September 30th, 2009 12:58 PM

Sounds like a great event but I have a conflicting social - curious how much do dealers in the bay area charge for oil changes these days for the Boxster?

maxodus September 30th, 2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom M (Post 57271)
Thanks for the offer.

Just a heads up though that this is still being worked on and nothing has been decided one way or the other as far as the event happening at PoF.

I had a great time there at the last meet and enjoyed talking to the fellow members as well as the friendly tech. Not sure how profitable they'd like to make it but i always felt these events are at cost, which gives them the word of mouth advertising that people rely on these days. I definitely had a good impression of the garage tech and would prefer to go there for any major problems (knocks on wood).