Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 30th, 2001, 06:53 PM   #1
Tool Pants

A red clip to the Babbler with the oldest Boxster

Yes the original Der Klammer, made in Germany, still in the sealed plastic bag, part #986 504 986 00, rumored to provide a 2,5 hp increase, to the Babbler with the oldest Boxster.

But, it has to be older than my Boxster.

My 1/97 just turned 30k miles today on the way home from work. Almost expected the check engine light to come on in celebration.

Ok, to be fair, a red clip to the second oldest Babbler Boxster. Who is it?

Pic from the drive to the West Coast BoxsterFest with Brian's wife behind the wheel.

Jeff Lopez

Old April 30th, 2001, 07:08 PM   #2
scott in redwood city

April 1, 1998

ps - what is a red clip?!
Old April 30th, 2001, 07:41 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

The infamous Red Clip...

comes standard with the Humps (Speedster option). It clips into the microswitch where the top latch goes and tells the alarm system that the top is up which enables the motion sensor part of the alarm system. So, if you leave your top down and you Red Clip your car, your motion detection will work if someone decides to fool around inside your car.

Old April 30th, 2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Jim

Re: The infamous Red Clip...

I've read on ppbb that the microswitch (which isn't really micro) doesn't need to be held done continuously. If you just put your finger in the hole while you lock the car then the motion sensor should be activated. No red clip necessary.

However, I haven't actually tested this...
Old April 30th, 2001, 08:12 PM   #5
Magic Mtn Dan

A red clip to the Five Oldest Babbler Boxsters!

I'll give a free red clip to the next three oldest Boxsters if Jeff gets the information and announces their ages here on the board. This way we'll know the five oldest Boxsters.
Old April 30th, 2001, 08:17 PM   #6
Hidden Valley Stan

but then you won't get the additional 2.5HP that the Red Clip delivers!

Besides, the Red Clip is now firmly entrenched in Boxster lore and needs to be experienced by every Boxster owner everywhere (or something like that).
Old April 30th, 2001, 08:59 PM   #7
Tool Pants

Forgot, you have to beat VIN

WPOCA2981VS621404.

Old May 1st, 2001, 07:35 AM   #8
Cheeky 'ol Coot

MMD . . .

you've got it on upside down. -2.5 HP?

8)

C o C
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:16 AM   #9
Magic Mtn Dan

That's hilarious! You know, you're right but it's not my picture...

I don't know who took that picture but I've got to use one with the clip installed correctly (with the double ribs on top). You are observant - tell the truth, were you wearing your glasses?

PS: absolutely right... -2.5HP (and a corresponding loss in torque)
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:45 AM   #10
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

Re: 1/22/98, 40+k and....

more trips to the rev limiter than jeff....weeee heeee

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman