Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 10th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #1
Mike in Marin

Tire questions

Hi,
I just noticed a bulge in my rear tire today and need to get it replaced. I currently have the factory PZero Asimmetrico 265/35 ZR18 tires. My questions are, Porsche recommends an N3 tire (which the PZero's are) - what are issues with using N1 or N2 tire in the rear? Is this ok? I am thinking of switching to Bridgestones SO-2, but they are only N1. I am also not changing the front tires yet, but will later this year - is it ok to have different tires in front than in rear?

I know this has been covered a lot, but if anyone has any tire recommendation, let me know.

thanks for your help.
Mike
Old February 10th, 2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Mike in Marin

Re: Tire questions

A Tire dealer is recommeding I try the Toyo T1S tires - has anyone had any experience with these? Would you recommend them?

thanks,
Mike
Old February 10th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Probably wouldn't be my first choice.

It really depends on how you use the car. As for your previous question about mixing N ratings... I seem to recall it's OK to put a higher N rating on the rear, but not a lower one. It's also not a good idea to mix brands. I'd shoot for a matched set, followed by the same brand/type but possibly different N rating.

Just my $.02
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #4
Dan (san Jose)

Re: Tire questions

Mike,
You might be interested in this information from the Tirerack website about Porsche "N" ratings, found at the following link
Dan

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...l/porsche.html
Old February 11th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #5
Brian (Morgan Hill, CA)

Answers are here *NM*

Porsche N-Spec Tire Approvals

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman