Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 29th, 2001, 06:05 AM   #11
Magic Mtn Dan

Nuh-uh-uh! Not so fast, Senor Detailer...

I submit that you're mistaken. Here are some examples and there are many others...

If you say "my next car will be a Ferrari Modena 360," you would be referring to the car immediately after the Speed Yellow Boxster S you currently own, not the car after that one

Your next of kin - refers to the people closest to you. Not the people after the ones who are closest to you

Who's next? - refers to the person who will do something immediately following. It doesn't refer to the person after that person

The house next door - that's the one adjacent (alongside) to yours

Read this book next - refers to the book immediately following the one you're currently reading

The next block over - that's the very first street from the one you're on - not the street after that

Next door neighbor - the person who lives in the house adjacent to yours

Hey, take the next exit - refers to the first one you come to (not the one after that)

The week after next - refers to the seven day period that follows the current seven day period

Definitions:

next (nkst)adj.
Nearest in space or position; adjacent: the next room.
Immediately following, as in time, order, or sequence: next week; the next item on the list.

Function: adverb
1 : in the time, place, or order nearest or immediately succeeding
2 : on the first occasion to come

Function: preposition
: nearest or adjacent to

Function: adjective
1 : immediately adjacent (as in place, rank, or time)
2 : any other considered hypothetically

Synonyms:

Function: adjective
Text: being the one that comes immediately after another
Synonyms coming, ensuing, following; CONSECUTIVE

Old November 29th, 2001, 07:04 AM   #12
Spence in San Jose

Ok I'll stick my neck out here

Ok, I did ask Brian about the 8th, 9th, and 15th. After that I am gone until the new year. I forgot all about Toys for Tots. Since Toys for Tots is the 8th and Brian is busy the 15th, how about the 9th? I have room for 5 cars at a time being worked on in my driveway.

With the weather being what it is, I think this weekend is out not to mention that it is last minute.

If I hear good things about the 9th, then I'll post a formal message.

Spence
Old November 29th, 2001, 10:33 AM   #13
Trygve Isaacson

absolutely not!

I really did reach 60K miles this week! My original engine died just 1 month after I got the car, at 1500 miles. So I have about 59K on this engine. 3.5 years, so less than 20K per year isn't too outrageous. I would estimate based on 150 miles per track day, that less than 10% of my mileage is on the track.
Old November 29th, 2001, 11:10 AM   #14
"Foosball" Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

can't do the 9th either. or the 16th. *NM*

Old November 29th, 2001, 01:34 PM   #15
Spence in San Jose

For those interested in a Maintenance Day

Since Brian is busy and I will be gone the latter half of December, how about if we wait until the new year. How about the 5th of January.

Do people think they can put off their work until then? Trygve, Brian, Danny, Me(oops!), Caroline, anyone else...

Spence
Old November 29th, 2001, 01:45 PM   #16
Danny

Re: For those interested in a Maintenance Day

Yikes! Hmmm Jeff HELP!!!!!! I preffer to get mine done within a week at the latest.
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:22 PM   #17
daniyal11

TS PGECET 2021 Result will be declared in July 2021. TS PGECET exam (Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test) is managed by the Osmania University. The university has organized this exam on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).[url=https://teachersbadi.in/ts-pgecet-2015-results-tspgecet-org-telangana-pgecet2015-results-pgecet-results/]TS PGECET Rank Cards 2021,[/url It is a state level exam through which candidates can get admission into regular PG courses. These courses are offered in the field of engineering, technology, architecture, pharmacy, etc. In this article, we have mentioned detailed information about TS PGECET Results 2021.
daniyal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:27 AM   #18
looneyhans

Awesome! Learned alot thanks so much keep posting more.
https://weldingsanantoniotexas.com
looneyhans is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman