Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Paralizer

Extended crank(update)or this is how to do business

For those following my saga here is the latest update. When last I posted on this matter Porsche had agreed to order a new 987S, to my original specs, as a replacement for my existing 987S. Porsche then agreed to porvide me with a loaner until my replacement 987S arrives.(Probably another 6 weeks or so.) At that time I was also informed by Porsche that I would be provided a Cayenne by a local dealer. As all the logistics were being arranged I was contacted by the dealer assigned to deal with ordering my replacement, Carlsen, and I was told there was a slight chance I would get a 987 as a loaner. Carlsen was also assigned to take in, for PCNA, my existing car. So today was the day I had to turn in my 987S to PCNA. So as I'm turning over the keys to mine and signing lots of papers I'm handed the keys to the loaner. Well nice surprise, I'm being provided a 987. Even bigger surprise this is a brand new, 8 miles on the odometer, 987. Now if one has to move out of their 987S for a bit, this is definately a reasonable loaner. The whole process was completed in about 1 hour and everyone was fantastic. They even took my clear side markers and put them in the loaner so that they can then be moved into my new 987S when it arrives.

So while I did have a car that had a problem which couldn't be resolved, not for lack of trying extremely hard, I am impressed with how PCNA, my orignal dealer Rector, and the dealer handling the turn-in/loaner Carlsen have handled the matter as a whole. In my book this is the way to insure repeat business and referral's. This has been my first Porsche, but I feel it is safe to say it wouldn't be my last. As they say "there is no substitute."

All that's left now is to just await the arrival of my new 987S. The saga is almost over.
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:52 AM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

It's a shame that you had to go through this. It's good to hear that Porsche as well as Rector and Carlsen delivered. I'm sure your "fair but firm" attitude helped get the resolution you were after. Enjoy your loaner and ultimately your new, new Boxster!
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Tomy996

It had to be a trying time but I must say I'm VERY impressed about the way all concerned have handled this. Very impressive. As you know, our cars were produced right around the same time so I have been following your travels (travails?) pretty closely. I'm pleased to report my only problem (knock wood) has been whistling mirrors (fixed) and the low rpm kazoo (waiting for a new relief valve). I love this car and I can tell that you do for sure! Well done.

Tom W.
Roseville
Tomy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2021, 07:12 AM   #4
Reckard

The end results I got here at this site easy essay. Is what exactly I was hoping to get. Thank god I got one of the best end results I have ever got on online sites.
Reckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2021, 04:40 AM   #5
Gallatin

With the help of crispebooks I am able to have my task completed with just in minutes. It provides me full range of work material. There is nothing to hate about them.
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:29 AM   #6
looneyhans

I really loved it here but are there any recent updates? Thanks https://weldingbaltimore.com
looneyhans is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman