Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 1st, 2001, 01:38 PM   #1
Billster

Babblers at TBHL reply to Questionnaire & Results

TBHL IV QUESTIONNAIRE REPORT – May 31, 2001 LONG

Hello all, Billster here with the 2001 TBHL IV Questionnaire report.

I am pleased to announce that we have received an unprecedented 75% reply to the questionnaire, twice as many replies as past TBHL’s. This excellent response gives us a very accurate understanding of the attendees experiences.

176 persons attended TBHL IV, driving: 81 Boxsters, 2 Ruf 3400S, 1 Turbo 911, 1 Audi A6 TT and 1 Ford Excursion. Contrasted to last year’s TBHL III at which 192 persons and circa 94 Boxsters were present and considering this year’s event weekend included Mothers Day, we had a great turnout indeed.

53% were TBHL Alumni and 48% were new to TBHL.

More than 90% of attendees rated their overall TBHL IV experience as Very Good or Great.

66% rated their TBHL IV package as Very Good to Great value for money, 27% rated it acceptable.

The Web page was found easy to use and understand by 93% and almost 100% found it easy to book by telephone, email or fax. There were several suggestions that we automate the web page with a online reservation engine, something that is planned for TBHL V.

47% were happy with The Boxster Corral on the top floor of the Monte Carlo Structure,
33% think we should consider another hotel with covered parking and 20% felt that we should ask the Monte Carlo to provide us with covered parking if we were to return.

100% found their Monte Carlo hotel room clean, pleasant & enjoyable.

80% found the TBHL IV Reception Cocktail just right at 3 hours. Of the remaining 20% 70% thought it should be shorter, 30% longer.

83% of the attendees surveyed enjoy Las Vegas as a destination. 17% do not.

62% of TBHL IV attendees enjoy gaming, while 38% do not.

73% dined outside of the TBHL headquarter hotel, 27% dined solely at the Monte Carlo.

52% of the group saw “Blue Man Group” or another Las Vegas Show while at THBL IV.

90% liked the Exhibition of Boxster Tecquipment and Add-on performance parts.

99% would you like to see another Exhibiton of Bob Chapman photos. 98% would like to have Bob reprise his midnight and dawn photo drives and shoots.

84% enjoyed the Valley of Fire, although several alumni who had done the drive more than once, skipped it.

74% would like to see a run to Hoover Dam, with less than 50% desiring a river boat cruise on Lake Mead.

People were pretty evenly split as to whether TBHL V should be a three night event. (Friday, Saturday Sunday): 56% for three-days and 44% for the traditional two-day event.

78% desire an autocross school or driving school at TBHL V.

90% felt that the TBHL IV Gala Dinner at3 hours, was just about the right, although many felt that fewer, larger door prizes should be given in a shorter raffle.

87% rated their Monte Carlo hotel experiences as Very Good or Great.

ANNECDOTAL REPLIES & SUGGESTIONS FOR TBHL V
(Each suggestion from one person, unless followed by a number)

Add to the Web page/Reservation system:

More timely updates and links, Photos, names and emails of attendees, Event details – rooms where event cocktail and dinners are. List of Shows to book in advance, Event locations for those with Nav. Systems, Details and advice on organizing caravans, Raffle information and ticket purchase, Start TBHL V and update ASAP, Mapquest map and Zagat restaurant and Las Vegas Show links
Online Reservations

What would you like to see added to TBHL V? :

A celebrity, Group hack sessions, Covered parking, More suppliers at Exhibition
Mobile detailing, Pool party, Polo shirts, New location-16, off-site dinner-2,
More drives-7, Sat drive, farewell luncheon-4, Meet for breakfast, Group car
Photo, Organized rally, Polo Shirts with individuals car colors, Start dinner earlier
Hold when cooler-2, Update event program, Different Hotel-1, More Hors
d’oeurves, Shelby factory tour, Better dealer event., Lower cost, Group show tix
purchase, More driving-more time to talk

What would you like to see deleted?

Nothing-2, Exhibition (or upgrade), Tech session, Shorten raffle, Las Vegas-3
Valley of Fire-5

What other events would you like to see for spouses/friends who are not otherwise Boxster Fanatics?

Tours, Vegas/Primm outlet shopping tour. Spa/ activity alternate to Tech Session,Cooking lesson, Athletic event, museums,
and my favorite: Sedation.

Thas it for TBHL IV kids
Billster
Old June 2nd, 2001, 09:21 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Re: Babblers at TBHL reply to Questionnaire & Results

Thanks for the update Billster - and for your great work on TBHL4.

I don't remember how you phrased the question on the survey but I am somewhat surprised about:
"83% of the attendees surveyed enjoy Las Vegas as a destination. 17% do not."

I'm not a survey expert but if there were a couple/three questions about location of TBHL we might get a better idea as to preference. As one who wants to see TBHL5 held in a city other than Las Vegas, here's one question I would have liked to have seen asked:

Which of these cities would you like to see TBHL5 held in?:

* Las Vegas
* Sedona
* Colorado Springs
* Monterey/Carmel
* Other: ____________

Also, it would have been beneficial to find out the responses from those that have participated in TBHL:

* One time
* Two times
* Three times
* Four times

Because I think newbies would be much more inclined to see it return to Vegas while "alumni" would be more inclined (my guess) to see it held elsewhere.

Disclaimer: TBHL4 was my 2nd TBHL and I want it moved to almost anywhere else in the western US. IMO Vegas is nice and Boxsters are great and the two don't necessarily go together (especially not every year).
Old June 2nd, 2001, 11:59 AM   #3
Billster

TBHL IV & V

“Thanks for the update Billster - and for your great work on TBHL4.”

You are welcome Dan. Yep, 90% approval is a pretty good rating. We are glad most everyone enjoyed themselves.

“I don't remember how you phrased the question on the survey but I am somewhat surprised about: "83% of the attendees surveyed enjoy Las Vegas as a destination. 17% do not."

The exact Question was:
Do you enjoy Las Vegas as a destination? Yes [ ] No [ ]. To which the answers were 83% yes, 17% no. (48% Alumni/52% New Participants – pretty evenly divided.

Now, these are people who chose to go to TBHL IV in Las Vegas, on Mothers Day. So with a participation of circa 90% of TBHL III along with holding it on Mothers day, we can conclude that there was and is more than sufficient interest in TBHL in Las Vegas.

“I'm not a survey expert but if there were a couple/three questions about location of TBHL we might get a better idea as to preference. As one who wants to see TBHL5 held in a city other than Las Vegas, here's one question I would have liked to have seen asked: Which of these cities would you like to see TBHL5 held in?: Las Vegas , * Sedona , * Colorado Springs , * Monterey/Carmel * Other: ____________”

Dan, the object of the questionnaire was to see how people enjoyed THBL IV. The TBHL steering committee has created a survey that will be posted on this site (as well as others) to gauge interest in and changes for TBHL V. This survey
will allow you and all interested BoxsterFolk to state their preferences.

“Also, it would have been beneficial to find out the responses from those that have participated in TBHL: * One time * Two times * Three times * Four times Because I think newbies would be much more inclined to see it return to Vegas while "alumni" would be more inclined (my guess) to see it held elsewhere.“

As noted above and as reviewed by at least a couple of the steering committee the results from alumni were almost an equal match of the new participants. No. Alumni who did not like Las Vegas, quite simply didn’t go. Still, there were more alumni than new attendees.

“Disclaimer: TBHL4 was my 2nd TBHL and I want it moved to almost anywhere else in the western US. IMO Vegas is nice and Boxsters are great and the two don't necessarily go together (especially not every year).”

Lastly, that wasn’t a disclaimer as much as it was a statement and request for THBL be moved.

My perspective is that TBHL ought to remain in Las Vegas. As a hub for caravans to new destinations, as a PPBB tradition for new participants to discover and for TBHL Alumni to return to after they have attended other events.
Such events will serve any disaffected Alumni, small, intimate, groups that are as driving intensive as they are collegial. (Basically the opposite of what TBHL was designed to do – which has been and will be a place where people who have met on PPBB and Babblers can meet and talk and take one or two pleasure drivers, go to a tech session and enjoy each others company over a nice meal).

The larger than PCA organized drives and rallys, such as the Babblers’ “West Coast BoxsterFest”, and Michael VanTyne’s proposed “Continental Divide and Conquer Tour” are good examples.
That other events should be created as an adjunct to TBHL/BRBS for PPBB and Babblers boarders is only natural and organic. The need to attempt to destroy TBHL as it exists is both unnecessary and foolish.

That’s how I see it after the overwhelmingly great TBHL IV rating and in advance of the TBHL V survey coming Very Soon.

Cheers,
Billster
Old June 2nd, 2001, 07:07 PM   #4
x99shark

Tahoe? *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman