Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 24th, 2001, 01:14 PM   #1
Tony in Whittier

I heard rumor that a new version of the V-1 Stealth box is out.

What are the specifics (one for thicker V-1 version, fits on existing mounting bracket, cost, etc.)?

Thanks.
Old July 24th, 2001, 02:49 PM   #2
Glen

Re: I heard rumor that a new version of the V-1 Stealth box is out.

The new V1 is thinner than the old one. The new V1 Stealth box is designed to fit the new V1.

The mounting bracket is identical.

I installed mine two days ago...

(and Dan will now correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...right Dan?)
Old July 24th, 2001, 07:51 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

Comparison of the "old" & "new" V1 units

the cases are different in height only (L & W are the same)...the older V1 units are taller than the new ones...

Old July 24th, 2001, 07:58 PM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

Here's a picture of the two V1 Stealth Boxes...

the V1 Stealth Box for the new, thinner V1 units is sitting on top of the taller V1 Stealth Box (for comparison) which is secured to the Custom Bracket with black, industrial grade Velcro.

The V1 Stealth Boxes are identical in design and size except for height. Both use smoked acrylic windows across the entire front, and red acrylic windows across the entire back. These windows offer unobstructed views out for the radar and laser sensors so the unit's performance is not degraded. The smoked front window is permanently bonded in place while the red acrylic window slides in/out so the V1 unit can be installed or removed.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman