Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 16th, 2002, 01:03 AM   #1
Boxster Ben

Magnetic race numbers?

Any one know a source for magnetic race numbers for my car doors? I need them for a DE in March. Thanks, Ben H.
Old February 16th, 2002, 02:03 AM   #2
Trygve Isaacson

TAP Plastics

TAP Plastics is like a stationery store for signs.

They have a bunch of stores in the Bay Area. (See link below.) I got a big sheet (about 3' x 3') of magnetic material cut from a roll for about $20, white on the top side since my car is a dark color. You could also get it in the uncoated magnet dark color for a light colored car. I just printed some nice big numerals on my printer using a Boxsteresque font ("Apple Garamond"), traced them onto the sheet, and cut the sheet with scissors and a box cutter. OK, that was a bit of work. They look great, are very durable, and don't fly off at high speed. I also cut out some class designation stickers. (Ti happens to be my initials, but more importantly it's also my PCA time trial class!)

TAP Plastics stores

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman