Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:52 PM   #1
Tom S.

California Mille Porsches

April 29 had most of the starting vintage cars in front of the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco on display. There was an around-the-block long exhibition of local vintage and classic cars for an informal show also. The Mille usually has a number of vintage Porsches that qualify, including 2 550's and 5 356's. The "big guns" brought several Ferrari's out including the Phil Hill/Richie Ginther 375MM roadster and Jon Shirley's 375 Mexico coupe. The weather cooperated and it was a great day.

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:53 PM   #2
Tom S.

Re: California Mille Porsches pic *NM*

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:58 PM   #3
Tom S.

The original hump ...

on a Porsche 550A 1957.

Old May 8th, 2001, 05:47 PM   #4
scott in redwood city

904 at Hillsborough

Hi Tom -
I was going to introduce myself at Hillsborough, but you were pretty busy judging a Dino. (a personal favorite of mine) Next time. Do you know which car won the people choice and which won the race class?
Old May 8th, 2001, 05:57 PM   #5
Tom S.

Darn, next time...

just get me between judging cars. The 246 Dino was a disaster, almost maximum points off. Wrong everything. Jim Barrington's 904 is part of his early Porsche collection which is one of the best on the West coast. Don't know who won what as I was hot & left early. I'll have pics by end of the week. Next up, Palo Alto.

Tom S.
Old May 8th, 2001, 06:03 PM   #6
scott in redwood city

Re: Darn, next time...

The 904 was beautiful. I rather liked the Jag as well. See you at PA. Do you know if Yohannas will be judging there as well. He did some work on my R5.
Old May 8th, 2001, 07:34 PM   #7
Eric (NC)

Wow...stunning pics!

What a show. I'll be out that way in a few months. Timing is everything.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman