Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 16th, 2001, 09:41 PM   #1
Joanne in OC

Here's some good news

After my recent posts of Vanessa this week, I'd like to share some good news I received today.

Another cystic fibrosis patient, who I had posted about a few months ago, Angie, had a lung transplant on May 22. She was very fortunate to find 2 people willing to donate a lobe of their lung to her. Angie only had a few weeks left to live when she decided to try the transplant. Patients are not usually transplanted when they are as sick as she was, but due to her tenacity and will to live she was able to convince them to do it. She was sooo frail and sick we knew she would have a difficult time in recovery and sure enough she did. She was on a ventilator for an extended period of time, she now has a tracheostomy, and her kidneys failed, she required dialysis every other day. The weekly reports I had been receiving were always changing.

Her birthday was just 2 days ago and for her birthday they were able to transfer her to the rehabilitation unit. Her lungs are doing great. She still has her trach, but is able to speak with a valve on it (she's asked that I call her tomorrow). I have not spoken to her since the beginning of May. Her kidneys are functioning. She has now started to walk a little. They want her to gain more strength and put some weight on before they send her home.

We were not sure she would pull through this, but are now very optimistic with this report. The picture of Angie here, is before the transplant. The motor scooter she is on, was purchased for her with donated funds to our center. Due to her illness she never went home to use it. I have not given it to another patient, as I was waiting to see how Angie did. With the use of the motorized scooter, she may be able to go home sooner.

This is one example of how donations go directly to the care of the patients. Thanks in advance for the support you are giving to help these kids and young adults.

Joanne

Old August 17th, 2001, 07:07 AM   #2
Eric (NC)

Thanks for the good news....hope there's more! *NM*

Old April 1st, 2021, 01:43 AM   #3
kainan

It is good news that Angie, had a lung transplant on May 22. She was very fortunate to find 2 people willing to donate a lobe of their lung to her .Kontaktlinsen I hope she recovers soon.
kainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2021, 06:29 AM   #4
diplo777

Where do we donate again?
miami yacht brokers
diplo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:39 AM   #5
connor27

Nice to help

I would suggest putting here the link on how to help. girls leather boots
connor27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:27 AM   #6