Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:22 PM   #1
bostonbrits

Airbag warning light on after unplugging passenger side airbag?

Hi there,

I recently followed the instructions for removing a door panel at:
http://www.ecoutez.net/boxster/door-panel-removal/ (which were superb by the way!)...

I fixed the problem I intended to fix, but unfortunately I now permanently have my airbag warning light on!

Does anyone else have experience of this? Did you find out how to resolve it? Is there a way to reset the warning light without having to take it to the dealer?

The only thing I did differently to the instructions in the URL above was that I physically disconnected the airbag electrical connection as I had to remove the airbag itself from the door to get access...

Everything else works, so I fixed one problem and ended up with another (even more annoying!)...

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Geoff
bostonbrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Welcome!

So long as you disconnected the battery prior to disconnecting the airbag electrical connector and hooked everything up again before applying power it shouldn't have caused the airbag light to go on. Did you happen to leave the key in the ignition?

I'm pretty sure that at this point the only way to get the airbag light reset is with a trip to the dealer or a visit to someone that has a PST2.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:43 PM   #3
bostonbrits

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. Well, you may be right, I did put the keys in the ignition to test it all before I put it back together and I did leave them in the ignition (turned on) when I disconnected the battery. Is there any reason why having the keys in the ignition would cause this?

Does it 'sound like' they just need to plug their device in and reset the light?

Sounds like I have to go to a dealer then?! :-( Bummer! Lesson learned anyway... ;-)

Thanks again for the quick response...

Regards,

Geoff
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #4
ukchris

The reset procedure is quite straightforward, with a PST2 it's a fwe clicks, you can also do it with the Durametric tool. Disconnecting the -ive terminal for a while will clear a CEL, I don't think it will clear the airbag light though. I got mine on playing with an airbag deactivation connector, it was reset with a PST2.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #5
bostonbrits

Thanks guys - got it done for free...! :-)

thanks for the responses folks... I took this to my dealer in Sarasota, FL and they took about 3 minutes to reset it and did it for free...

Old July 17th, 2021, 06:35 AM   #6
hendrenukx48

Well, you may be right, I did put the keys in the ignition to test it all before I put it back together and I did leave them in the ignition (turned on) when I disconnected the battery.

- San Clemente Concrete Pros
hendrenukx48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.