Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 8th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #1
cyclocross

Reliable Smog Test Station

Well, folks, it is that time. My car is due for a smog check. Can any of you recommend a reliable station in the Bay Area, preferably in the East Bay? TIA.
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #2
patienttype

REALLY OUTSTANDING Smog Station in Berkeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclocross View Post
Well, folks, it is that time. My car is due for a smog check. Can any of you recommend a reliable station in the Bay Area, preferably in the East Bay? TIA.
You may want to go to:

7 Days A Week Smog
2234 San Pablo Avenue
(between Allston Way & Bancroft Way)
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 843-0200
www.7daysaweeksmog.com/

This place is unbelievable. Most important - the person that does the work (often the owner) knows Porsches. He was able to answer questions about my Boxster on the telephone without even needing to look the information up.

Also important - this place knows how to handle customers. You're greeted in person as you drive up. They have a comfortable sitting room with a computer for Internet access, a bunch of current magazines, and, yes, free snacks, and free coffee, tea, or coco.

If you'll look them up on www.yelp.com, an online consumer rating service, you'll see dozens of people raving about the service. The smog check takes about 30 minutes. They are not the cheapest - you pay a tad more here but its worth it. The'll also knock off $20 if you mention the Yelp site. I think my check was $89 or so. I'll definitely go back to them in the future.
patienttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2021, 07:08 AM   #3
richardsjenkins70

They have a comfortable sitting room with a computer for Internet access, a bunch of current magazines, and, yes, free snacks, and free coffee, tea, or coco.

- https://concretebrentwood.com/
richardsjenkins70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman