Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM   #1
shroud

Removable Hard Top Porsche Boxster

The 2000 Porsche Boxster that I am buying currently has a removable hard top which seems like a huge bonus as it has real glass instead of the plastic.
I asked the salesman how difficult is it to remove the hard top and he basically told me it was a 3 person job that could take anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the people involved.
Before I buy this I will have him show me how to remove it and also I want to inspect the condition of the vinyl top but was just wondering how difficult it is.
Since I live in Barcelona, Spain the temperature is very similiar to Northern Florida and would probably only use the hard top 3 months out of the year.
shroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Ha ha ha! This salesman doesn't know squat.

At most it is a two person job that takes way less than 5 minutes. Most of that is prep time being sure you know where it's going once it's been removed or coordinating the effort when it's being put on. While it's off the car it is pretty easily moved ny one person.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM   #3
mikefocke

Yes the hardtop adds value. About $1-1.5k US.

It isin't a big deal to remove the top, just be careful and do have a strong friend on the other side to lift it off and clear of the car. Be sure to unclip the rear defroster wire connection first. 5 minutes the second time you do it.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #4
shroud

Thank you both for your responses makes it seem a much better purchase now with the top if its that easy to change.
shroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2021, 08:22 AM   #5
kirlinpyht23

While it's off the car it is pretty easily moved ny one person.

- Digital Marketing
kirlinpyht23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman