Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #1
stus986

Bose not working correctly

I have an 02 Boxster S with the Bose stereo and the 2 speakers in the door do not work. All other speakers work and the stereo works fine with the balance and fade. Does anyone have some advice for me as to how to go about trouble shooting this problem?
Thanks,
Mike
[email protected]
stus986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #2
boxs2000

Take the speakers that is in question out and hook up a test speaker, if the test speaker works, then the speaker in question is blown. If the test speaker does not work then the amp for that channel is blown. Keep in ming the door speakers are usually sub woofers so if you are using a full range test speaker it my sound a little distorted, but if there is sound then it's most likely a blown woofer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:39 AM   #3
stus986

How to get to speakers to test

Thanks for the quick response and sound advice. How do I get to the door speakers? Does the whole door panel come off?
Thanks,
Mike
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #4
boxs2000

Yes the door panel must be taken off to get access to the speakers .Not a hard job, here is a link on how to do it http://www.ecoutez.net/boxster/door-panel-removal/

but before you do it, I would also make sure all settings on the radio is neutral, put the balance and fader in the middle, put the bass and treble in the middle or flat, go in the front trunk/bonnet, behind the spare tire is your factory amp and check to make sure all connections/plugs are secured and even check the fuses then turn the radio on. I would open the door and listen closely to the speaker that is not working (keep in mind these are sub woofers so all you will hear is bass so be careful not damage your hearing) if that does not work, then i would start taking it apart.
good luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #5
stus986

Instructions

Thanks for the link and help. I'll give it a try either this weekend or early next week. I like the photo instructions.
Old June 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #6
stus986

Speakers Working

I went to a local stereo store to have the amp and speakers checked and we hooked up the speakers and they are working. It looks as if the amplifier is not working. The front sub amp works fine. The next step is to either get the amp fixed or replaced. Do you know where I can get it fixed or replaced?
Thanks,
Mike
Old July 17th, 2021, 08:27 AM   #7
kirlinpyht23

If the test speaker does not work then the amp for that channel is blown. Keep in ming the door speakers are usually sub woofers so if you are using a full range test speaker it my sound a little distorted, but if there is sound then it's most likely a blown woofer.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman