Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #1
higgsclan

Releasing the front hood

The battery on my Yr 2000 Boxster has gone flat. When I unlock the car, the alarm goes off and the front hood release is deadlocked at the handle release inside the car. The battery is too flat for the electric locking to work but just enough for the alarm! I've tried taking the fuses out of the alarm circuit but the alarm then goes off again. So does anyone know how to release the front hood? I've thought of leaving the headlights on to drain the battery right down but I'm not sure if that will release the solenoids deadlocking the release handle. Be grateful if you have any suggestions on releasing the hood. Thanks John
higgsclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #2
vitaminC

Some options listed here:
When Your Battery Is Dead
Old July 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #3
offshore

I don't know if the 2000's are the same as the '99 but if so on the passenger side front wheel well you remove the plastic panel in the wheel well and you'll find a cable for manual operation to open the front hood. It is really a pain to get to because you may have to remove the tire. The trick thing to do is to remove the front passenger side headlight and re route the cable so it is behind the towing plug in the front. That way you just pull the plug then pull the cable and you're open.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 04:45 AM   #4
higgsclan

Smile Sucess: hood unlocked

Guys thanks for the quick replies. And Vitamin C thanks for the 5 different options! I used the one where you wire into the C3 fuse holder as I had a new fully charged battery on hand to replace the old one. It took about 15 mins so much faster than the other methods of trying to find that damn elusive release wire.
higgsclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #5
Gerry

that's good that you had it opened coz' the last time I had that problem, we had to go thru this route to get this open:
that's toolman..opening up my front trunk.

and it worked...hahahahaha

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #6
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgsclan View Post
Guys thanks for the quick replies. And Vitamin C thanks for the 5 different options! I used the one where you wire into the C3 fuse holder as I had a new fully charged battery on hand to replace the old one. It took about 15 mins so much faster than the other methods of trying to find that damn elusive release wire.
Re route it as suggested and it will no longer be elusive.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2022, 09:12 PM   #7
jivannuno255

I used the one where you wire into the C3 fuse holder as I had a new fully charged battery on hand to replace the old one.
Furniture removal
jivannuno255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2022, 06:57 PM   #8
McauleyHanna

This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! ole777 download
McauleyHanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2022, 10:42 AM   #9
aisonwrnerxbg15

An impressive share, I just now given this onto a colleague who had been carrying out a small analysis on this click here.
aisonwrnerxbg15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Tags
boxster, front hood, release